+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/21 The Apprentice-Martha Stewart Recap: Don't Disrespect Me With Your Banana!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7

Right after Jeff leaves, Martha whips out her stationery and jots out a letter to him..."Dear Jeff, I just saw your sorry ass in the boardroom ten seconds ago, and I'd like to remind you that you FAILED but I really enjoyed meeting you." All so Jeff can relive the rejection all over again. I wonder what Emily Post has to say about firing someone and then sending them a letter?
    Love your version of the letter. Wish she would have really written it that way.

Great recap

Then I came to my senses, bought a roll of Bounty paper towels and a fifth of Maker's Mark and here I am. Want a swig? Don't worry about drinking after me...the alcohol kills the germs.
    You had me from the beginning. Excellent recap, Suncat! I'll probably never watch this show, but I'll be reading your recaps weekly.

Thanks much, Suncat. The whole show was pre-empted by weather shenanigans where I live.

Brilliant recap, Sunnycat! I laughed my way through the whole thing. Martha needs to slip you a stock tip or two in appreciation.

This name makes me think of the hybrid car Prius by Toyota, and of the band Primus, with the huge-thumbed Les Claypool thumping his bass.

12 hours to prepare to read? Does she have to go through the entire Hooked on Phonics or something?

This is not quite the image that comes to my mind when I think of someone being disrespected with a banana.

Perhaps that's a good angle, if you can't be the new apprentice in the boardroom, be the new apprentice in the bedroom. But don't forget, Howie, Martha demands perfection. That's a lot of performance anxiety right there.
    I could have quoted the whole thing!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Matchstick has chosen Dawn as their reader, and Jeff says that she's been at the loft for 12 hours to prepare. 12 hours to prepare to read? Does she have to go through the entire Hooked on Phonics or something?

Matchstick reads to the first-graders first. Shawna is pleasant enough, but this is one warped version of Hansel and Gretel. It rhymes badly, the characters run away from home, change their names and talk to strangers.
    Great recap, Suncat!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

(respectfully, of course! )

Great job.

ROFL @suncat. Great post. Off to have a shot of Marks : )

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7

Have you been disrespected with fruit? Email suncat7@fansofrealitytv.com

That'll teach me to try to drink or eat anything while reading this site

Then I came to my senses, bought a roll of Bounty paper towels and a fifth of Maker's Mark and here I am. Want a swig? Don't worry about drinking after me...the alcohol kills the germs.

This is not quite the image that comes to my mind when I think of someone being disrespected with a banana.

Perhaps that's a good angle, if you can't be the new apprentice in the boardroom, be the new apprentice in the bedroom. But don't forget, Howie, Martha demands perfection. That's a lot of performance anxiety right there.
    Awesome recap, Sunny!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12