+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 9/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

If the ratings don't get better, i don't see a second season, 7 mill viewers is more than upn ans wb can ever cound on but not good enough for a network like nbc.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Newbie
    Loved this first show, I wanted the creative folks to win but the Corporate folks absolutely did all the right things, since I collect Children's Literature it's pretty neat to have that as a first competition.

Gonna love watching this show!

Reruns?

Has anyone heard if they will re-run the premiere? It sounds like a good show & I was looking forward to it.
    (We were having climatological Armageddon here Wednesday night, so the entire show was pre-empted by the weather guys getting their rocks off).
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crista galli
    Has anyone heard if they will re-run the premiere? It sounds like a good show & I was looking forward to it.
    (We were having climatological Armageddon here Wednesday night, so the entire show was pre-empted by the weather guys getting their rocks off).
    Thanks!
    Crista, I checked my TIVO and they'll re-run the premiere on CNBC (if you get that) Monday night at 11PM East coast time. Hopefully you have that channel and can catch up!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

my take on the 'you just don't fit in' line is that it's her way of telling the people they don't fit in with her corporation--not in a bad way, just not a fit, like INXS with their 'you're not right for our band'. It would be a valid reason to choose an employee over someone else, by how well they meshed with you and your other employees. You do have to work with them, and a good fit makes that much easier.

Martha's letter at the end is 'a good thing' (insert tongue in cheek smiley here). The reason I think it is a good thing is because that's what an employer should do when they have interviewed someone and that someone is not getting the job. It's very good business etiquette, and seems like it does fit in with Martha

That guy (jeff? I've forgotten his name already) was extremely controlling and I'm so glad he got the first boot.

I'm looking forward to these challenges as I'm hoping they will be more along the lines of Wickedly perfect with Mark Burnett in charge to actually make it a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz
    I'm looking forward to these challenges as I'm hoping they will be more along the lines of Wickedly perfect with Mark Burnett in charge to actually make it a good show.
    Now that you mention it, it is Wickedly Perfect done right.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    Crista, I checked my TIVO and they'll re-run the premiere on CNBC (if you get that) Monday night at 11PM East coast time. Hopefully you have that channel and can catch up!
    Yep, they'll rerun both this and Donald on CNBC weekly (right up until the finale when they decide not to run it... damn them I missed the finale of The Contender). Also, they have a bunch of clips (plus some deleted/extended scenes) on Yahoo TV.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    O.o! Fierce opening music!!
    I always liked that song. When I started to listen to the lyrics in relation to Martha's life, I was so impressed. It is absolutely the perfect song for her show!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I thought they would have enough sense to divide the teams more evenly between creative and corporate. It's only practical to create a balance of skills. Howie made a positive impression and Jim (You don't tell me what to do, I tell you), Dawn (unable to think in a noisy room) and Jeff made the standout negative impressions tonight. ...

Conflict of Interest? The thing that bothers me about Charles' daughter being a friend of Bethenny's is the mention of being roomies in PARIS. Having dated his son didn't make the matter much worse. Her silver spoon upbring will probably cause much more of a problem than knowing one set of Martha's eyes and ears. Can you say... spoiled brat, diva, daddy's little girl.
    Yeah, add the brat to the list of those who made a standout negative impression. The sooner they get her braying ugly face off the show, the better!

How very very stupid they all were not to see if there basically were two of each profession, then maybe they should have divied the teams up more evenly. But of course that worked in the corporate team's favor. They were the only team smart enough to look for a focus group, for example, and I don't think they would have allowed one of their team leaders to become a dictator. That guy was insane. I'm so glad they booted him off first!

FORT Fogey
    I would not have been disappointed to see any of these three go. Jim is arrogant and unprofessional. Dawn may very well be incompetent. And Jeff, well, Jeff is just a complete mess.

I just know Bethenny will get on my nerves before this thing is over. I really like Howie.

Martha, what's up with all the estrogen?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    Actually, it will be 8:00 and 11:00 PM Eastern/7:00 and 10:00 PM Central Monday in all likelyhood. CNBC has ditched the repeats of "Conan" for now (even if cable TV guides say otherwise).

+ Reply to Thread