+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 9/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Haven't decided yet if I will continue watching the show. I definitely think the tasks will be more interesting than Trump's version. I was hoping that Martha would be more of a b***h. She didn't seem natural on the show at all....very scripted.

FORT Newbie

always such over achievers

why can't they pick good old fashioned schlubs off the street. people like you and me, you know people who aren't members of mensa, who aren't businessness school graduates running 5 million dollar companies?

isn't that kind of the point of being an apprentice to learn a new trade or industry starting with basically no background? why not call it the journeyman if they are going to require all the candidates to have these amazing backgrounds?

how bout a little truth in advertising for pity's sake?

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I liked it! I loved the Jack In The Bean Stalk story and I have a new Howie to like! I loved it when he said he was in love with Martha!lol! I think Martha seemed to be having a good time and it made the show fun. I even like the goodbye line....
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

Loved it. I had seen the cast in the TV Guide but what a difference reading their blurbs vs seeing them on the show. I thought Jeff would be a good project manager but I was amazed how he shot every ones' ideas down but his own, Dawn should have talked to him in the shower, seeing him naked would have been no big thing after seeing him work as a project manager his soul and personality are no big thing and it would have been no big deal he was just using that as a way to shut her down, he rightly deserved to be fired.

Jim is not going to last that long either. He would be smart to not be the Project Manager until very late in the show otherwise he is just as abrasive, or more so than Jeff.

I do respect that Dawn tried to set some boundries cause not every one can work in a noisey environment, I did not find it disrespectful. What will be interesting is to see how her relationsip with the other dark haired girl who called her a liar will turn out.

The parting note was a nice touch and it was hand written too.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    The catch phrase sounds like someone demeaming someone else because they don't mesh with the popular crowd.Particularly in H.S.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna
    One think I thought was how uncanny the contestants looked familar.....like they had been recycled from other reality shows.....Haven't I see them before:
    Vonna, I thought exactly the same thing, I was trying to place where I had seen them before!

Got done watching my tape, and I liked it. I think it's going to be a good show.

When the reader (I think it was Howie) comes in to read "Jack and the Beanstalk" and the little kid pipes up with "I like your hair!" So adorable!

Loved the look of the book (Martha gave copies of it to her audience members this morning on her daytime show).

And how appropriate that she would write a letter at the end?! On her show this morning she said she came up with the idea herself, and just started writing. She said producers were like "Hey, what are you doing?!" and didn't like the idea, but they left it in for the first show. She isn't sure if they will continue to show her/have her writing letters, but I thought it fit in well -- seems so "Martha."

Quote Originally Posted by allysm
    I loved the updated version of the Jack and the beanstalk and how it was read.

The Hansel and Gretal one.. Um...... Okay....

I would have done Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, or the ugly duckling... there are tons of fairy tales BETTER than the one that jeff chose..
    I liked that they stretched creatively and had the Beanstalk go DOWN.

And I agree that Cinderella or the Ugly Duckling would have been perfect ... and even Little Red Riding Hood could have worked.

My head is spinning from all the reality shows this week and I'll never get the names right ... but so far so good.

Do you think maybe next they'll have Donald and Martha each join one of the Survivor tribes ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky
    Vonna, I thought exactly the same thing, I was trying to place where I had seen them before!

Got done watching my tape, and I liked it. I think it's going to be a good show.

When the reader (I think it was Howie) comes in to read "Jack and the Beanstalk" and the little kid pipes up with "I like your hair!" So adorable!

Loved the look of the book (Martha gave copies of it to her audience members this morning on her daytime show).

And how appropriate that she would write a letter at the end?! On her show this morning she said she came up with the idea herself, and just started writing. She said producers were like "Hey, what are you doing?!" and didn't like the idea, but they left it in for the first show. She isn't sure if they will continue to show her/have her writing letters, but I thought it fit in well -- seems so "Martha."
    Howie was really into the kids and they responded to his warmth....cute!

I think the show is going to take a couple of weeks for everyone to start jelling..Martha to start relaxing and be herself...and Alexis...I want to see what Alexis is like and how creative she is......

I am definitely looking forward to the show....

So she gave the book away....aw, I missed it... I keep forgetting she's on and I used to never miss Martha Stewart Living......Gotta get back into the habit..
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    The catch phrase sounds like someone demeaming someone else because they don't mesh with the popular crowd.Particularly in H.S.
    Exactly. It's supposed to be "gentler" but ends up sounding much worse than "You're fired."

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    ......Sleeping Beauty goes to the slammer...............

+ Reply to Thread