+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 9/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

O.o! Fierce opening music!! I'm going to LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

(one more exclamation point!)
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I thought they would have enough sense to divide the teams more evenly between creative and corporate. It's only practical to create a balance of skills. Howie made a positive impression and Jim (You don't tell me what to do, I tell you), Dawn (unable to think in a noisy room) and Jeff made the standout negative impressions tonight.

I enjoyed the task and that there was a legitimate reason behind it- not just knowing, but connecting with your audience. Having grown up on these fairy tales it's hard to realize how "dated" they are. Modernizing them so that kids today can relate to them while maintaining the overall message is smart.

Jeff (aka Bradford TA2) and his "my way or the highway" leadership style was insane. Almost everyone on the team said the story was too dark and sent the wrong message - Overruled. Dawn wanted to sit with the kids to read - Overruled and job transferred. Dawn needed a quieter environment to work - Overruled and duties downgraded. Thank goodness this dictator has taken his pending sexual harassment suit and left the building.

Conflict of Interest? The thing that bothers me about Charles' daughter being a friend of Bethenny's is the mention of being roomies in PARIS. Having dated his son didn't make the matter much worse. Her silver spoon upbring will probably cause much more of a problem than knowing one set of Martha's eyes and ears. Can you say... spoiled brat, diva, daddy's little girl.

Over all I love the show. I've said from the time I first heard of it that Martha was a far better choice than Don for a show like this. Conference Room instead of Boardroom makes me think that Martha is very hands on here. "You just don't fit in." may be lame, but it could also be what she really says when firing someone. The handshake and follow up letter is very classy. Maybe after the handshake she should say "Now GET OUT" instead of good-bye for some TV zip.

West Coast Here

Well it had some weak points and too easily compared to Trumps.....and I know they're trying to soften Martha, but soft Martha doesn't work in such a competitive format....

I love Martha and what's she's done for the design field.....but she didn't get there speaking timidly....so the show came off to me as a watered down Trump Apprentice

What happened to NotCarolyn and NotGeorge ???? Don't they have opinions? Hopefully all three will open up more as the weeks go on. Looking forward to watching the rest of the season.

My hubby just asked meif Martha Stewart said "You're Baked" silly guy
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I can't believe I let myself get sucked in by Mark Burnett again...must be the JD hangover.... In any case, I like this version better than Trump's already, and as a mother, that Hansel and Gretel would get burned. But her firing line? Ugh. Pathetic. I like the letter, but the line needs to go....

Back to RockStar reruns....
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

I have to say the one thing I was really jazzed about: they didn't let the loose cannon (Jeff) stay on the show for the emotional fireworks....he was ouuta there
    in that respect the show had it going on compared to what probably would have happened on Trump
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna
    I have to say the one thing I was really jazzed about: they didn't let the loose cannon (Jeff) stay on the show for the emotional fireworks....he was ouuta there
    in that respect the show had it going on compared to what probably would have happened on Trump
    Trump would have axed Jeffhole as well. He doesn't intentionally allow "loose cannons" to skirt by for the sake of entertainment value.

Vonna, I agree...it's a good thing Jeff is gone. However, I do feel there are still several loose cannons left to keep things interesting. Martha needs to have a class on make-up 101 for some of these ladies. Way to heavy on the eye make-up!

I enjoyed the show. It's always hard to judge a spin-off show but think this will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    Vonna, I agree...it's a good thing Jeff is gone. However, I do feel there are still several loose cannons left to keep things interesting. Martha needs to have a class on make-up 101 for some of these ladies. Way to heavy on the eye make-up!

I enjoyed the show. It's always hard to judge a spin-off show but think this will do just fine.
    I think it's going to be great too. The make-up....Yes, they did look like a bunch of Beatle fans getting ready for a 60's concert didn't they. Help with the hair wouldn't hurt either.....

One think I thought was how uncanny the contestants looked familar.....like they had been recycled from other reality shows.....Haven't I see them before:
    Last edited by Vonna; 09-22-2005 at 02:17 AM.
    Maya Angelou

I loved the updated version of the Jack and the beanstalk and how it was read.

The Hansel and Gretal one.. Um...... Okay....

I would have done Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, or the ugly duckling... there are tons of fairy tales BETTER than the one that jeff chose..
    "Fool Me Once... Shame on Me...Fool Me Twice...Shame on You. Shame on YOU, Jen!"

FORT Fan
    Saw the show. Most of it, anyway. Toggling back and forth to coverage of the Jet Blue airplane.

Anyway, saw the show. Not so good. Maybe I'll give it another try, if nothing good on at 8pm Wednesdays.

One thing that was glaringly obvious - No black candidate. They couldn't find one token black Martha wannabe in all of New York or wherever they auditioned?! I noticed Martha/Burnett had no trouble casting a receptionist with a British accent, however

Hey! Wonder if she'll hire a person of color with a British accent? Hmmmm.

+ Reply to Thread