+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shawn

Shawn

Hometown: Grosse Pointe, MI

Shawn, 32, is no stranger to the television camera. She has spent the past decade working in local and network news, most recently as the morning anchor and entertainment host for an affiliate in Orlando, Fla. Often starting her work days at 2 a.m., Shawn reported on four major hurricanes in two months, hosted Central Florida's version of "American Idol," and interviewed newsmakers from Hillary Clinton to Jessica Simpson. She holds a bachelor's degree in marketing from Penn State University and is fluent in Spanish, largely thanks to the four years she lived in Mexico City with her family. Shawn devotes her spare time to the Make-A-Wish Foundation as a "Wish Granter," working to fulfill the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses.

I don't know, she may be too tender hearted. If she rubs off on her, it could ruin Martha's reputation
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

She reminds me of Suze Orman...

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    She reminds me of Suze Orman...
    She does look a lot like Suze! This candidate looks like she could fit right in at Martha land.

This picture looks like it was taken at Glamour Shots

FORT Fanatic
    Hmmm. I think her tv experience may help her. probably very articulate. I tried to google her, and it doesn't seem to be working as an anchor anywhere, any longer.. Could be wrong. But looked for about 15-20 minutes. Not in Orlando anymore. Was just curious.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Jessica Simpson, newsmaker? More proof that broadcast journalism is dead.

I haven't been watching this show, but I did happen to catch a snippet last night and heard this idiot say "Fake it till ya make it!" is the motto of people who work in the TV news business. If that's true, we should all be terrified.

Kudos to Martha for firing this featherhead. Extra points for chiding Shawn for that moronic "fake it" remark.

Hey, Shawn, Bridget Fonda called. She wants he "Single White Female" haircut back.

I thought I was really going to like Shawn, but, after last night, I'm glad Martha called the whole team back into the conference room, and I'm glad to see Shawn get the boot.

FORT Fogey
    Fake it till you make it baby.
    Ha! Goodbye.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith
    I haven't been watching this show, but I did happen to catch a snippet last night and heard this idiot say "Fake it till ya make it!" is the motto of people who work in the TV news business. If that's true, we should all be terrified.

Kudos to Martha for firing this featherhead. Extra points for chiding Shawn for that moronic "fake it" remark.
    It's also the mantra of a lot of people in 12-step programs . . . so I hear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast