+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shawn

"Fake it til you make it"
    Such a smart thing to say to your possible future boss.
    And I'm glad Martha called her on her earlier statement. She was frazzled with her foot in her mouth, and her lame "faking it" excuse really wasn't helping her cause.

peachroses

Shawn on Martha's Show

I just watched Shawn on Martha's regular show and she was even more obnoxious. I can't believe that woman's high regard of herself and so little respect for others. She just kept taking over the entire conversation bragging about herself and that is tough to do wth Martha. I liked her at first, but now I am hoping I never see her again.
    Because I said so ....

Shawn did a radio interview with Scott and Erica at mix 105.1 today and she admitted that the fake it line was dumb in so many words- I am familar with her-she was here a few years in Orlando. She mentioned that nobody should fake their way thru life-that wasn't what she had meant it was more of an improvisation that came out bad.
    She is actually really nice...
    Her contract expired in Orlando and you'll never believe who took her place...Mark McEwen formerly of The Early Show.
    Carey

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cajro62
    Her contract expired in Orlando and you'll never believe who took her place...Mark McEwen formerly of The Early Show.
    So that's where he wound up (McEwen was on several incarnations of CBS' morning show over about 10-15 years and before that was the morning man on WNEW-FM (102.7) in New York when it was still in it's Rock heyday).

Shawn did make a few mistakes, and her line was the biggest. She deserved to go.

I actually don't think the "fake it til' you make it" line was bad... I just think it was misinterpreted and misunderstood.

It's quite a common comment to tell someone with no self-esteem to fake confidence until you feel it naturally. That's not faking knowledge, it's not faking qualifications.. it's faking self-confidence.. and it's great advice.

But... that's not a defense of Shawn at all. Her arrogance in the boardroom and during the entire task was over the top and uncalled for. And for her to backpeddle on her comment a la the interview that cajro heard just proves that she doesn't have the backbone to support her arrogance. Shame shame.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12