+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    He was being a tyrant with a product that sucked. Did he actually think that having children sneak out of the house was going to go over well with parents?
    He was completely ridiculous in pretty much every way imo.

The story was stupid.
    Thank heavens it was a little over some of the kid's heads because no parent would want their child to fully understand that book for fear of them getting ideas.

Admittedly Dawn was a bit of a prima donna, not being able to write without complete silence, hardly a realistic demand even for Martha on most days I would imagine, but his way of dealing with her in the loft was juvenile, unprofessional and embarassing imo.
    Not that she was much better herself.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    He was completely ridiculous in pretty much every way imo.

The story was stupid.
    Thank heavens it was a little over some of the kid's heads because no parent would want their child to fully understand that book for fear of them getting ideas.

Admittedly Dawn was a bit of a prima donna, not being able to write without complete silence, hardly a realistic demand even for Martha on most days I would imagine, but his way of dealing with her in the loft was juvenile, unprofessional and embarassing imo.
    Not that she was much better herself.

He was a complete jerk and I was so glad to see him go! How obnoxious he was! I'm glad we don't have to suffer through any more weeks of watching him. As for Dawn - yea, she was a little uptight, but when you're trying to write and 7 other people are talking in the same room, all at the same time, can you blame her for not being able to concentrate?

All I have to say is that he seemed sort of nazi-like (I even referred to him as Hitler a few times in passing). All the team player talk, when he was anything but. Also the "MY team" comment was a bit much!

FORT Fogey
    I felt like he acted a lot like Cappy.

I'm in advertising and I swear I worked with that guy. Okay, not that same guy. But the same type. He made me so nervous. Nothing was ever good enough and everything had to be done just so. He was fired too.
    Got some revelation
    Put into your hands
    Save you from your misery
    Like rain across the land
    Donít you see
    The colour of deception
    Turning your world around again
    -- A. Farris, M. Hutchence

FORT Fogey
    I can't believe no one stood up to the guy. If I were one of the team members, I would confront him immediately.

I could not STAND this guy. I didn't mind his concept of trying to tell his story in rhyme--I actually thought that it was an original idea, which might have worked if he had had more time to work on it [AND if he had had a more positive message for children in his story.] But the completely obnoxious way that he shoved his opinions down everybody's throat [until they choked] made me ill, and actually made Cappy look good. The way he seemed to need to control and to "win" in every conversation he had, made me first want to punch him and then start goose-stepping around the room. He actually seemed psychotic to me.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by luvnreality
    I'm in advertising and I swear I worked with that guy. Okay, not that same guy. But the same type. He made me so nervous. Nothing was ever good enough and everything had to be done just so. He was fired too.
    me too, i work in advertising/design and have worked with several creative directors/senior designers/project managers who are just like jeff, who tend to be mean, cocky, and not very personable towards people who work beneath them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12