+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: David

Is this guy going for a Miami Vice look?

This guy's youth and inexperience definitely showed last night. Overall, he was pretty ineffective as a Project Manager, and he offered no valid reason why he brought Dawn into the Conference Room with him. I, for one, am glad that Martha called the whole team back and got rid of the right person.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    he offered no valid reason why he brought Dawn into the Conference Room with him. I, for one, am glad that Martha called the whole team back and got rid of the right person.
    I agree totally. He's just lucky that Martha decided to do that otherwise he could have and should have been sent packing. How did Dawn contribute to your team selling zero cakes?

Stupid as a bag of rocks. Jim stuck his hand up his @$# and told him exactly who to nominate.

And Martha should have punished David for that. Bad nominations shouldn't be undone, they should be revenged. Trump knows that.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm not surprised to see him go, but judging from the conference room discussion he may get a job with Martha anyways.

He handled his dismissal with class.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    I'm not surprised to see him go, but judging from the conference room discussion he may get a job with Martha anyways.
    He's almost certain to, and in fact, most likely the exact job he wants. If that happens, he will be as much a winner as whoever wins this.

Yes, but he'll be a follower, not a leader. He can't lead his way out of a paper bag, even if he actually has an idea or two under that messy mop of hair.

And at least in what aired, his "internet" ideas seemed awfully generic, even if he was right that Martha's website needed improving. And his "web search" idea was as simple as paying Google for a favored placement when "recipe" is used as a search term. It didn't take a genius to come up with that one.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I don't see him getting a job, I don't think Martha was very impressed with him...I know I wasn't. He lacks experience and it really shows.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Remember how Cigar Man said something to the effect of "I'm really impressed with his internet ideas"? I'm trying to figure out what his ideas were, unless they were edited. I did not actually hear any ideas, just that he wanted to run the internet portion of her business. Weird - maybe I missed something. Dude had nothing to say, really, to defend himself in the Boardroom - I mean Conference Room (where most of my colleagues get fired, incidentally!). I thought he sat there looking dumb for the most part.

And I have one last statement about him, besides the greasy hair. Why are dimples wasted on the ugliest people?

He did mention some shortcomings on the Martha website - one of the things that caught my ear was that he mentioned her recipe search function was terrible.

He's 100% right. Of all the major magazines involving recipes that I subscribe to personally, hers has the absolute worst recipe collection. Every other site has probably 95% of all recipes in the magazine on the site. Most do require that you be a subscriber to the magazine to get to the entire archive, but that's something nice.

Basically, if you want a Martha recipe, you either have to have the magazine or her books on hand. If you'd like to print out a recipe to not soil said book or magazine, you're out of luck.

In addition, one of the bigger features - "good things" - in the magazine, seems to be lacking on the site as well. You can get the ones for the current month, and maybe some other recent ones, but if you want instructions for an older "good thing" - again, you're stuck either with her books (hoping it made the cut) or back issues of Martha. So much for printing up the project guide and carrying it with you if you head out to a flea market, craft shop or whatnot looking for all the items you need...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast