+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bethenny

Her only real qualification to be a commentator for horse racing is her horse face. Time will tell if she is a nag . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey
    She is not all that attractive but she is not doing anything with her hair or makeup to minimize her broad, square jaw either. A new hair style and proper make up would do wonders.

She is not going to get far in this game. She has already irritated Martha.

She irritates me, that's for sure. I hope she goes home soon.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    She is not going to get far in this game. She has already irritated Martha.
    Well, if she has irritated Martha, it sounds like she really is a lot like her father.

It appears during Saturday's Breeders' Cup Preview telecast on NBC, Bobby Frankel was complaining about the condition of the turf course at Keeneland prior to the running of the Shadwell Turf Mile (a major prep race for the Breeders' Cup Mile, one of the BC Races October 29 at Belmont Park in New York) that he had two horses in who were among the favorites. Frankel has complained like this before, providing excuses for his horses when they really didn't have any, and I think Bethenny may be a lot more like her father than I realized before.

Speaking of Bethenny, while it was not mentioned on the NBC telecast from Keeneland (for those who don't know is in Lexington, KY), it appeared she was there on Saturday, standing next to her father in the stands as the horses were being led into the gate for the Shadwell Mile. I only got a look at the shot for a moment, but it did look like Bethenny next to her father.

FORT Fogey
    I like the spunk she showed in confronting Sarah last night in the boardroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    I like the spunk she showed in confronting Sarah last night in the boardroom.

I had the same reaction. Sarah lied about one of the candidates [can't remember which one, but it wasn't Bethenny] and Bethenny called her on it. I didn't like her at first, because I thought she was too abrasive, but she's starting to grow on me. She always works hard and she's always honest.

I think Betahnny was being pretty rude to Dawna last night. Have a little confidence in your teammates!

Bethenny is a fool--how much sense does it make to say that Dawna did well, select Dawna to go back to the loft, and then try to bad-mouth Dawna in the final boardroom?

On the other hand, she did have some measure of control over Jim (a first!), and did the right thing by pulling Howie when he wouldn't/couldn't deliver on product presentation.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I'm glad Charles shut her up about Dawna. How nice of Bethany to try to bring up Dawna behind her back, yeah right, when she's not in the BR or CF. Dawna did nothing wrong.

FORT Fogey
    The only way she could save herself was to take Howie in with her. I'm sure she was feeling a conflict with loyalty in not taking Dawna in instead of Jim and Howie but it was a decision that had to be made. Dawna is a sour puss but she wasn't the reason why they lost this week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast