+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bethenny

FORT Fogey
    But she does look like her father.

I didn't like her big mouth in the conference room. In fact, I didn't like her big mouth, period.

She is very annoying, already I can't stand her (along with a few other of her cohorts) .

She reminds me of Wednesday Adams.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat
    She is very annoying, already I can't stand her (along with a few other of her cohorts) .
    You better get used to her:

I'm suspecting if she goes on Wednesday, after her Thursday interviews, she then goes to Belmont Park or Keeneland on Saturday to be part of NBC's Breeders' Cup Preview telecast. Being who she's the daughter of, she likely knows a few things about the Sport of Kings and would hold her own with other commentators if NBC used her. I also suspect regardless of what happens on the show we will be seeing Bethenny on mainly ESPN/ABC's Horse Racing coverage in 2006, including the Belmont Stakes (moving from NBC to ABC) and Breeders' Cup (moving from NBC to ESPN), along with possibly NBC for some events (unlike many sports, since most horse racing telecasts are time-buys, networks often do share commentators on Horse Racing).

As for Bethenny dating Bradford, I suspect it would be some advantage, but nowhere near as much as you might think.

What could Bradford possibly teach her? How NOT to use an exemption?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    You better get used to her:

I'm suspecting if she goes on Wednesday, after her Thursday interviews, she then goes to Belmont Park or Keeneland on Saturday to be part of NBC's Breeders' Cup Preview telecast. Being who she's the daughter of, she likely knows a few things about the Sport of Kings and would hold her own with other commentators if NBC used her. I also suspect regardless of what happens on the show we will be seeing Bethenny on mainly ESPN/ABC's Horse Racing coverage in 2006, including the Belmont Stakes (moving from NBC to ABC) and Breeders' Cup (moving from NBC to ESPN), along with possibly NBC for some events (unlike many sports, since most horse racing telecasts are time-buys, networks often do share commentators on Horse Racing).
    Where do you come up with this stuff?

I don't understand how, just because this chef has been on a reality show and her father is a horse trainer, that translates into NBC wanting to have her as a commentator.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Broadway:

Bethenny's father is not just any run-of-the-mill horse trainer.

Bobby Frankel has been one of the top trainers in thoroughbred racing for over 30 years. For much of that time, he has been known for his work with top older horses, though in recent years he's also trained a number of top three year olds, including as noted earlier 2003 Belmont Stakes winner Empire Maker.

Bethenny had to learn a lot about the sport from her father, seeing the level of horses he has trained for all of that time, and probably has at least as good an understanding of what it takes to be at the top in the Sport of Kings as anyone who isn't involved with it on a day-to-day basis the way her father is. That's why it would not surprise me if we wind up seeing Bethenny on Horse Racing coverage somewhere long after she's finished with Martha, including in addition to what I mentioned earlier perhaps on Television Games Network (TVG) if she wants to do it.

But... she's a chef, Wallyhorse. A chef that happens to be on a reality show that's earning low ratings. I just don't understand why you are so convinced that NBC would have her doing commentary for the Breeder's Cup simply because her father's a horse trainer of any caliber.

Just because her father is a highly skilled horse trainer doesn't automatically correlate to his daughter being just as skilled. My father was a CPA but you won't find me speaking at any accounting conventions... but perhaps I'm an oddity, eh?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I doubt very much we'll see Bethenny again when she's off this show. She went to school to study the culinary arts, owns a related business, and is a consulting chef for another company....looks like that's her career choice. I think if she was really interested in the world of horse racing she would have gotten involved in it a long time ago.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast