+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Graphics Tutorial (Step-By-Step How-To)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Graphics Tutorial (Step-By-Step How-To)

You can use animated images anywhere, Eastcoastmom! If you're using them on another forum or on Facebook, just make sure your image meets their maximum size requirements. Some forums only allow an avatar that's 100 by 100 or smaller so an avatar that works here might not work there.

I don't remember if you're able to use an animated image for your profile picture on Facebook. I'm currently using a non-animated photograph for my Facebook profile.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Oh! Those are so cool pikachu!

Where do you open an image template? In Paint? Or do you need specific program for that?

Oh and can you use of these to make an avatar that switches between two images. Say two people, and it's flashing back and forth to one image of each of them?
    Last edited by JunkieGirl; 10-17-2013 at 12:27 AM.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

JunkieGirl: I do use Paint for most of my graphics, although sometimes I do some of it in Word, so I can make use of the gradient effect, WordArt, rotate images, and make pictures brighter if they're too dark.

I use the technique in Lesson Four to make avatars that switch between images.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

You are amazing ! I am not as advanced ... but thanks for the tips that I Can use!

Thanks again!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    JunkieGirl: I do use Paint for most of my graphics, although sometimes I do some of it in Word, so I can make use of the gradient effect, WordArt, rotate images, and make pictures brighter if they're too dark.

I use the technique in Lesson Four to make avatars that switch between images.
    Cool! I didn't get a chance to practice this weekend as I fell and hurt my arm. Thanks for doing this as I've always wanted to learn this stuff, but never could find simple enough instructions. Your step by step guide with pictures made it very easy to understand!

Thanks, JunkieGirl! I do plan to post more lessons, I just haven't had time lately to work on them. If there's anything specific you'd like to know how to do, just let me know! I think I'll go next into a basic lesson on how to use Paint (sort of like an introduction to the program for those who haven't used it much) or how to use Word in conjunction with Paint to create images.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Well I took your advice and made myself an animated avatar. I came here to find out why it wasn't animated or moving but now it is!

I'm glad you got it to work, JunkieGirl! The first time you make an animated avatar can be intimidating but it gets easier the more you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I get a lot of questions from forum members about how to set up an avatar, how to make an animated avatar, how to post pictures on the forum, etc, so I thought it would be helpful to post tutorials. I'll make some lessons to show people how to do graphics. I'll start with setting up an avatar since that's the most frequently asked question.
    Thanks for the tips and the avatars, Pikachu. I use an iMac and after reading your directions for making the gif, I downloaded an app called GIF Animator for the Mac for .99 that seemed easy enough. Except that it won't move from one picture to another when I put it in as my avatar! I will keep working at it.

Okay, now I have it. I had forgotten to save the original jpeg images as gif files. Now it works! Thanks again, Pikachu!
    Last edited by Cootie; 03-01-2014 at 01:39 AM.

Yay, Cootie! I'm happy you got it to work and thanks for mentioning the GIF animator. I'm not familiar with it and it might be useful for other people on this forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12