+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Our Front Page is Returning!

Re: Our Front Page is Returning!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am plain( not so old ) default.
    Ohhhh you should try the purplish haze... it makes you feel... um... fancy schmancy.

What I have noticed is: When in purplish haze the boarder on the top it reflects Bulletin... and in default it has the FORT.

Also.. in purplish haze... I find it hard to notice when I've a new message because in that format nothing is in bold. Its all the same color. Dark purple
    Last edited by I'm here; 09-25-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Mine's 'Fort default test'..
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I'm now using "GrayFolio-Blue", which works for me (kinda muted with bright blue accents).

Hey there,

I made a configuration change to the "Purplish Haze" theme. Let me know if anything looks broken.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Ohhhh you should try the purplish haze... it makes you feel... um... fancy schmancy.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

It's back now, thanks.

For the record, mine is Blackfolio-Blue. Nice and darker.

I use Fort Default Test - even though the text fields are white, the blue colors in the other parts of the page make it so much more readable. The all white pages from yesterday forced me off the site. It was too bright.

Thanks for getting the backgrounds back.

Quote Originally Posted by TVG_Frey View Post
    Hi there,

What 'theme' is everyone using?

I did remove them yesterday as I found out that each of these themes is independent and all the 'look and feel' changes that are being done to the 'main' theme would have to be duplicated in each of these different themes. I'm trying to re-architect all these themes, which is a bit of a bear, but would like to find a guinea pig using one of the non-standard themes to see if my changes are working or not.
    I use Paradise Hotel 2.0. It's not as good as the original one, but okay enough.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Yeah, unfortunately, the old themes weren't compatible with the new version of VBulletin and we couldn't access them when creating the new themes. They were all done from memory. If anyone happens to have screen shots of any old themes (I know it's a long shot), we can try to duplicate it
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately, the old themes weren't compatible with the new version of VBulletin and we couldn't access them when creating the new themes. They were all done from memory. If anyone happens to have screen shots of any old themes (I know it's a long shot), we can try to duplicate it
    Sorry, no screen shot, but if you could try to make the Fort Default test with the main text area just a little grayer? It would be good to have at least one of the options with a muted palette, but not dark at the same time. The current version looks pretty good, but the white space is bright. I don't think the previous version was as bright of a white and I think it would benefit from a little grayer background. Others who use this look may have an opinion on it but I think it would help it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast