+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Site Adjustments

Hi everyone, TV Guide has updated the site to the most recent version of vBulletin. For the time being, the site will look different and you may run into some oddities. Please let us know about any specific bugs or problems you find.

The color schemes and graphics have not yet been restored. This is the default setting and we don't have any other option yet.

Spoiler tags appear to be NOT working so please tread carefully and for the time being do not post spoilers outside of a designated spoiler thread.

We appreciate your patience, and we'll do our best to keep you informed.

Re: Site Adjustments

Thanks for the heads up. I hope it's okay to post my comment here. Navigating the boards today is very slow. Once, after I was logged in, it kicked me out suddenly and I had to login again. No worries with that if it only happens once, but my concern is more with the very slow movement. At times it's almost frozen. I have tried several other sites and have no problem there, so I don't think it's on my end. Are others having this problem? Will it clear up?

I to am having a very slow board. It takes almost a minute to load a page and go from subject to subject

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    I to am having a very slow board. It takes almost a minute to load a page and go from subject to subject
    So it's not just me. I'm glad to know that. I hope they are able to fix it soon. I guess I don't have much patience anymore. LOL

no, its not just you. It is VERY slow. They will get it fixed I am sure

One of the things that I noticed is if I start typing "too quickly" for the page load it erases what I've previously written. This never seemed to happen prior to the upgrades/changes. I hope what I mentioned makes sense!

The site/forums are loading quickly enough so far, but I really hate the hard-to-read format. I'll give it a couple of days, but if this is what FoRT is going to look like, I'm sorry -- but it's not going to be worth my time and eyesight for a TV-related forum.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    One of the things that I noticed is if I start typing "too quickly" for the page load it erases what I've previously written. This never seemed to happen prior to the upgrades/changes. I hope what I mentioned makes sense!

It's been happening to me too CA.......frustrating.

It loads quite slowly for me, too.
    The biggest problem I'm having is the one I mentioned yesterday, and it looks like Ellen mentioned the same thing today, too.
    It is extremely hard on my eyes. Hopefully, that will be changed. Otherwise, I will be out of here, too.
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

yep, slow as molasses. Miss the blue/green color and the other format but I'll stick it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1234567891011 ... LastLast