+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Re: Site Adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I'd like to point out that the site links/bread crumbs are already back at the bottom of the page, as was requested.
    Oh, thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you :-)

(Yes, I really missed them. And I'm glad they're back!)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's still there - under Settings
    Bless you!

And found it, makes for a much more enjoyable time with that function lol. I'm used to being able to click the person's name and doing it that way. Now had to actually copy the name and paste it into the box in settings. But hey, it's still there so I'm a happy girl.

Thanks again!
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

CCL

It's so slow now. Painstakingly slow. So slow that I have to have another page at the ready that I can switch to while I wait for a new page here to load. Anybody else? And any ideas if that is one of the things being looked at?
    susanr342 likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It's slow for me too, CCL. TV Guide knows this is one of our biggest concerns and they're working on it. If you're in IE, try Firefox, as it seems to be a bit faster.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Some people seem to be slow but I haven't had it load slow at all, not even from the first day of the upgrade. I'm in the latest version of Firefox. TVG is definitely looking into this problem.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

For me (Firefox 4.0.1), pages themselves load quickly, unless I click the icon for "first unread post". That works (yay!), but it takes forever (which is why I thought I was only getting to the top of the last page, as I reported earlier). I've found that it's quicker to just go to the last page and scroll.

Just wanted to jump in and say, I am with the ole folks that have a little trouble reading on the bright white background. I have only read thru this thread and my eyes are already watering.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

I use Safari on both my laptop and iPad2. Nothing else I go to is slow -- just this site.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I use Safari on both my laptop and iPad2. Nothing else I go to is slow -- just this site.
    Ellen - I can't disagree that this site is a bit slow since the change. I've considered deleting some of the really old posts on certain threads as a possibility. Some of the threads go back to 2003, and I suspect the site is just jammed with the information it has to bring forward every time we "click." Just a stray thought.......

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Ellen - I can't disagree that this site is a bit slow since the change. I've considered deleting some of the really old posts on certain threads as a possibility. Some of the threads go back to 2003, and I suspect the site is just jammed with the information it has to bring forward every time we "click." Just a stray thought.......
    That's a good idea -- especially old threads with little or no traffic.

Or is there a way to create an archive that wouldn't be brought forward with every click -- but somewhere in its own "corner" if someone absolutely has to re-read the old rants about Darva Conger?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread