+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Site Adjustments

Seeing all these posts about the DST adjustment makes me happy I live in Arizona. We don't have DST and never have to change clocks!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But, you're missing out on all of the fun! NOT!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Is there a way to use Smilies without having to "Go Advanced" as we used to? Going Advanced requires a couple extra steps and I'm probably lazy.

CCL

In the quick reply box there is a little smilie face that, if you click on it, brings up some of the more popular smilies. Or, if you know the shortcuts you can just type : and then whatever smilie you want, like : lol (without the space) becomes or : party becomes etc.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Seeing all these posts about the DST adjustment makes me happy I live in Arizona. We don't have DST and never have to change clocks!
    If you don't change your clocks, how do you know when to change the batteries in your smoke detectors?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hilarious!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Can I be picky? When you are in a thread you have the "View First Unread" option. However the blue text blends with the default them. Is there any way it can be changed to white or somehow stand out more? Obviously not a huge issue but I just wanted to throw this out there Also, in the old version of FORT it was on the left which is where I always go first until I remember it's been right justified. Can it be placed back on the left hand side?

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    Can I be picky? When you are in a thread you have the "View First Unread" option. However the blue text blends with the default them. Is there any way it can be changed to white or somehow stand out more? Obviously not a huge issue but I just wanted to throw this out there
    On my system, the "Go to Last Post" icon on the left is blue and the envelope are blue when the thread has new posts. So maybe if you change your theme it will help?

Also, in the old version of FORT it was on the left which is where I always go first until I remember it's been right justified. Can it be placed back on the left hand side?
    It's on both the right and left sides (just like the Forum breadcrumbs are at both the top and bottom).

If you need to see my system (sometimes it helps), let me know and I'll take a screenshot.

Thanks TripleGemini! My main concern was that the blue font is hard (View First Unread) to read on the blue header... see left side of attached image:

Edited to Add: I found the little button to the left of a thread title that takes you to the first unread. Funny that I have never noticed it until today! Thanks for the heads up... I'll avoid using the link from now on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by football_chick; 11-19-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks TripleGemini! My main concern was that the blue font is hard (View First Unread) to read on the blue header... see left side of attached image:

Edited to Add: I found the little button to the left of a thread title that takes you to the first unread. Funny that I have never noticed it until today! Thanks for the heads up... I'll avoid using the link from now on.
    You're welcome!

This is what I see:

fort-links.jpg

The red circles are for "Link to Last Post", at least in my setup. (Edited to add: I didn't realize it would be so small! But if you double-click it, you can see the circles. Just not in great detail. ;-))

+ Reply to Thread