+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Re: Site Adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by TVG_Frey View Post
    If someone can give me a screenshot, that would be much appreciated. I've spent a couple of hours trying to find that message in the software, but I have not been able to track it down yet...

Fort Member

I have that as well but if I just click on Forum at the top of the page it takes me to the index
    The batchlorette season has certainly been a long one especially the final as it appears to have lasted longer than some of the relationships
    Unklescott likes this.

Unklescott,

I see that you are using the "Fort default test" theme. Can you try setting your theme to "vb4 default Style" (its the first option in the list) and see if you still get the message? This will help me narrow it down to a particular theme style.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post

I figured it out -- it has nothing to do with the theme.

I've been working on getting the CMS back up and working (a work in progress). It is now the "default" page when you hit the FORT website (you can go directly to the forums if you want to update your bookmark to www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/).

There is a whole matrix of permission settings and they were not matching up with some of the custom FORT usergroups. The error displayed reflects that you do not have "permission" to read the content on the CMS. I have fixed it so that everyone (except for banned users) has access to read it.

As for the antiquated message, I'm still trying to track it down in the database.

Unklescott,

I see that you are using the "Fort default test" theme. Can you try setting your theme to "vb4 default Style" (its the first option in the list) and see if you still get the message? This will help me narrow it down to a particular theme style.

FOUND IT.

The message you're seeing is one that was customized by John back in July 2008. This message should be shown when you do not have permission to see the page (see previous post). I'm going to update the message so it reflects its purpose.

I figured it out -- it has nothing to do with the theme.

I've been working on getting the CMS back up and working (a work in progress). It is now the "default" page when you hit the FORT website (you can go directly to the forums if you want to update your bookmark to www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/).

There is a whole matrix of permission settings and they were not matching up with some of the custom FORT usergroups. The error displayed reflects that you do not have "permission" to read the content on the CMS. I have fixed it so that everyone (except for banned users) has access to read it.

As for the antiquated message, I'm still trying to track it down in the database.

When I come onto the site, it makes me go back and read the prior posts I have already read. What is going on???
    Sorry, but this site keeps getting worse for me,
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    When I come onto the site, it makes me go back and read the prior posts I have already read. What is going on???
    Sorry, but this site keeps getting worse for me,
    It did that to me as well, but it only did it once, then it got caught up & all is much better now.

That was me. I changed the settings 2 days ago so that the read/unread state was more robust (it should remember where you left off vs marking everything as read after each session).

Unfortunately, this changed all the previous state, but the current setting is how it was set pre-upgrade. I'm slowly bringing back all the things you guys were used to now that we have the performance issue fixed. Please bear with me.

Thanks - /fk

Change is detailed here:
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post4194065

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It did that to me as well, but it only did it once, then it got caught up & all is much better now.

Thanks for sticking with it Frey.

I agree. Thank you, Frey. As far as the entrance problem, I'll try your "new" link, but, I've also found that if I click on my user name it takes me to my page and from there I can enter the forums.

ETA: It works. My personal problem is a brand new computer where firefox won't process bookmarks into my igoogle homepage where I have organized lists. I have to remember to open firefox's bookmarks. A pain, but I guess that is what I have to do.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-29-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread