+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Site Adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    When I click on my saved bookmark for FORT I get the "$bbuserinfo[username], we are currently closed to guest viewing due to heavy volume during the Bachelorette finale. We apologize for any inconvenience, but for full access, please register now. Otherwise, we should be available on Tuesday afternoon." message that has been around forever even though my user name appears on the top right of the screen and I am allegedly logged in. I have to go to an old saved post and get in to the site that way.
    I got this same message box, too, this morning. But clicking on the "Forum" link took me to the index as usual.

I don't use a bookmark, but type in "FORT" in my Google search field, which takes me to the site listing, and then to the Index when I click the site link.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-27-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Something seems to have worked, it's a bunch faster this morning. One thing I noticed though....when I click to Go To Last Post, it takes me back at least a couple of pages to stuff I had already read...that must have been when something else was going on & it is just now catching up or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The font is much smaller now. Is this happening for anyone else? It changed sometime in the last 5 days. I have been away so I cannot pin point the day it changed. There is no setting that I can find to change it back.

My font used to be this size.

If no one esle is experiencing this problem, the larger font above is #4 and I see everything in #1 size font. It is too tiny!
    It's the same size for me. Just hit Crl and "+" and you can enlarge the font
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's the same size for me. Just hit Crl and "+" and you can enlarge the font
    Likewise, on a MAC, you can enlarge the fonts (and spacings) by hitting "command +" (press-hold the command key and hit the + key, or the = key).

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Something seems to have worked, it's a bunch faster this morning. One thing I noticed though....when I click to Go To Last Post, it takes me back at least a couple of pages to stuff I had already read...that must have been when something else was going on & it is just now catching up or something?
    That was happening to me yesterday, but today everything's working fine. I think it just had to go through "the change" to get back in sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Likewise, on a MAC, you can enlarge the fonts (and spacings) by hitting "command +" (press-hold the command key and hit the + key, or the = key).
    You can also hold down CTRL and spin the mouse wheel. (That's usually how folks accidentally change their font size.)

Depending on your browser, there might be a reset option to get everything back to 100%. In addition, you can use your browser options to set the minimum font size for all web pages (it will override whatever the page itself thinks that "normal" should be).

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    When I click on my saved bookmark for FORT I get the "$bbuserinfo[username], we are currently closed to guest viewing due to heavy volume during the Bachelorette finale. We apologize for any inconvenience, but for full access, please register now. Otherwise, we should be available on Tuesday afternoon." message that has been around forever even though my user name appears on the top right of the screen and I am allegedly logged in. I have to go to an old saved post and get in to the site that way.
    I am getting the same thing. Last night and today.
    Wake up and be awesome

If someone can give me a screenshot, that would be much appreciated. I've spent a couple of hours trying to find that message in the software, but I have not been able to track it down yet...

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU View Post
    I am getting the same thing. Last night and today.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    This appears to be FORT's homepage now.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    This appears to be FORT's homepage now.
    Not for everyone. That's why Frey asked for a screen shot of the message so he could figure out where that it's coming from
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread