+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Site Adjustments

I'm hating the latest hassle. After reading the new posts in a subscribed thread, the name of the thread doesn't drop out....it just becomes "unemboldened". The "unemboldened" thread name also appears and just sits there if you post. Just clutter.

Why does life have to be this difficult?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm saddened that many of the regulars are no longer posting anymore due to the changes. This place is like a graveyard most of the time. I really miss how fun it used to be when it was easier to use.
    Unklescott and Lucynda like this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Fort Member

I am one of the lucky ones as I have had no real dramas at all with the site changes until today, thats why I came in here to see if I was the only one to discover that so many people have had so many problems
    I was here this morning and all was as normal but came back in on my lunch break and now its all in boxes as if only bits and pieces have opened properly. Hopefully if I log out again and back in tomorrow it will fix its self
    and I wont complain as I have had none of the other issues at all, touch wood.

That was me -- I was making some late night changes to speed up the forum. Would appreciate any feedback on speed...

Fort Member

Thanks its all better now
    The speed is good but I have not had spped problems for some time

Frey - I'm having issues with Firefox in general right now, so I've been using IE. Tonight, I could see new posts listed under a topic on the main forum page, but when I clicked into the thread, that post did not show. I think the same thing happened earlier tonight in the DWTS show discussion thread - only the first 5 or so posts were showing up. It just happened to me with this thread - I could see from the main forum page that Lucynda had posted in here, but when I clicked into the thread, the last reply showing was for you at 10:28.

Speed isn't an issue for me, so other members will have to chime in on that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I use Firefox and haven't had the speed issues that others have had. I suppose now I've jinxed it.........

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Haven't been here for awhile except to lurk. Not that happy with the changes that keep being made. You know sometimes newer isn't better
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I hope this post makes it to the thread. I have posted several post since noon and they don't make it on the thread. Anyone else have that happen to them?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The same thing appeared to happen to me. I think that they are just slow to update/display. When I forced a page refresh they were there, and showed on the index.

+ Reply to Thread