+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Re: Site Adjustments

I just came on and it is still jumping around on me a lot.
    It seems a trifle faster, but if you had not mentioned it, I would not have noticed. So, sorry, but it's still pretty bad for me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't see any difference at all....sorry.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Now that I'm home and not on my work computer, it seems no better. And I have a brand new computer which is fast on everything else.

FORT Fogey

I have IE and it is very fast. No problems at all.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

One thing that I have learned is that if the page jumps upward while I am trying to post, and won't remain where I want to type, I just need to go to the lower right hand corner and pull the bottom of the page down. That allows me to get back to where I want to be without the jumping frustration. I finally figured this out several weeks ago, but I figured everybody else already knew it, and that I was just "late to the dance".

I am noticing an improvement in over all performance. Hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Things are quite appreciably worse for me. First, there's no quick reply box on any thread, which may have been disabled to quicken the speed. Second, if I'm looking at any thread and then want to go back to the main forum thread and click on the "Forum" tab at the top left of the screen, the connection times out and says that it can't connect. If I go back through via either my bookmarks or instead use the trail backs links at the bottom of the page, then it works. But "Forum"...never. After the upgrade, I had a tiny bit of lag on speed, but not what others experienced. Now I'm getting the speed problems. I'm on current FF at home, and don't have any other sites with speed issues. I can't say from the craptastic IE at work, because there everything is slow. It is not a good barometer of issues.

They did disable the quick reply to see if it helped the speed.

My speed didn't change at all. Then again, I didn't have the speed problems. The jumping thing wasn't that big for me, either. Maybe I am slower to respond to the threads so the "new post" jump has happened before I try to type. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. It isn't as fast as it used to be before the upgrade, but the problems others are describing haven't been there for me. It all seems so random. I am on FF as well.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

The jumping around has lessened for me, but it's still sooooo slow. We got new computers at work and sites that had previously been slow for me have drastically improved - except this one.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Administrator

The issue lies with the way that VBulletin handles loading individual pages in version 4. In particular, the CKeditor (the new built in editor for posting) is *awful* -- I'm working with VBulletin support to see what we can do to change things. The servers that support the site along with the bandwidth going into the facility is hosted should be MORE than sufficient to handle the amount of people that use FORT. My apologies for how poorly it's running right now for some of you...

Administrator

I disabled two features suggested by VBulletin (Auto Save on Quick Reply posts, and Quick Edit) if you notice those missing.

+ Reply to Thread