+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Site Adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by buglover
    I've been finding that the reply box takes forever to finally load and by the time it does, I forget what the heck I was going to type in the first place! Other times, I will begin to type and the page will jump, taking all my text with it.
    I'm having this problem, too, and it doesn't matter which browser I'm using. I use Firefox and Chrome at home, IE at work, and Safari on my IPhone. I have found that typing out my replies in a text editor then pasting them into the reply box is the only way I can avoid losing them when the page jumps.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just to chime in - I use Vipre for my virus protection, Firefox as my browser (sometimes using Chrome or IE on the laptop). I experience the jumping and slowness everyone else has reported, but I don't have much of a life, so I just wait it out so I can read/post. I follow another discussion board that uses VB, and have not experienced these problems there, although I'm just a lurker, not a member of that board.

Why is the quick reply posting box not shown at the bottom of the page? In order to open it, one has to click Reply to Thread. It's not major or even minor, but something different.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think TV Guide might be testing turning certain things on and off to see if it helps with speed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am sooo through asking questions and wondering "Why??"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CCL

It's been much better for me the last few days. It still is not going to last post for some reason but it is much faster than it has been. They must be doing something.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Administrator

The reported slowness has been traced back to the new editor that VBulletin added in version 4.1.4. I have a new version of the software available that will also add the homepage CMS back in.

Based on the TV schedule, I'm guessing that either today or next Thursday/Friday mornings would be ideal to perform the upgrade. I apologize for the difficulty in figuring this out, VBulletin has been less than helpful.

Sasha,

If you have it figured out, then it doesn't matter how long the delay was, just as long as it gets fixed. I, for one, am looking forward to the place getting back to normal.

Administrator

I've performed the software upgrade, please let me know if you have any feedback.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I've already noticed an improvement in speed, and that annoying jumping seems to have stopped. Crossing my fingers!!!

+ Reply to Thread