+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Re: Site Adjustments

The site is dead in Chrome which is insane because Chrome is the fastest for me everywhere else. I was forced to download Firefox again - which I have largely abandoned - just to open FoRT, and it's still slow. I tried IE too, which I haven't used in nearly a decade, but it's super slow. My antivirus is not blocking a thing and I'm currently only using a hardware firewall. The rest of the internet is fine with that setup, except for FoRT. I just don't get it.
    Unklescott and waywyrd like this.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

If it's antivrus software causing the site to spaz, it must hate them all. I run AVG/Spybot/Ad-Aware on my PC, McAfee on the laptop, and we have Norton at work - no matter where I am, this site is unbearably slow and jumpy. I haven't tried FORT on my phone yet, but I'm not hopeful.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I've looked at the site on my phone, using Safari. It's still horribly slow and even more annoying then being on the computer because it's harder to jump around and do other things while the pages load.

It has definitely caused me to pretty much abandon this site.

Am I the only person on the site that had minimal probs? It is a little slow jumping to the first unread but the rest is fast.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

It's fast for me, dags. I was having problems with the newest version of Firefox for every site, so I switched to IE for now. I don't like it, but it's so much faster. There's not even any lag time waiting for it to go the newest post. With Firefox, every site was super slow and it kept locking up.

I have a feeling that the problem is something that is easy to fix. It's just a matter of finding it. It's probably some funky little thing with VB that is getting hung up by a setting on some computers.

Even though the site is loading fine for me, I still feel so much frustration for everyone who's having problems. I wish I could do something to fix it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Yes, and it's a discouragement with regards to posting, ensuring discussion etc. The only time it is ok is on my iPad; I try not to go on on the pc as it is so very slow. No other problems with other sites.
    If anyone is paying close attention I think they'll see their traffic has been drastically cut back. I come here & see threads that would have been busy in the past but haven't been added to for days now. It's just a weird thing that TV Guide wouldn't address this. Perhaps they want to run folks off?

Also, many times right in the middle of a post the darned page will jump me out & I'll have to start all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's fast for me, dags. I was having problems with the newest version of Firefox for every site, so I switched to IE for now. I don't like it, but it's so much faster. There's not even any lag time waiting for it to go the newest post. With Firefox, every site was super slow and it kept locking up.
    I am on firefox now. The new post thing doesn't bother me at all. I feel for those who are having problems, though. It sucks.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Yes, and it's a discouragement with regards to posting, ensuring discussion etc. The only time it is ok is on my iPad; I try not to go on on the pc as it is so very slow. No other problems with other sites.
    Hmmm... How can I make this a justification to buy an iPad...?

I really haven't had any problems with slow response. I use FireFox and Chrome.

On the bright side, I like having the option to "Like" a post I agree with without having to write out a reply to it!!

I've been finding that the reply box takes forever to finally load and by the time it does, I forget what the heck I was going to type in the first place! Other times, I will begin to type and the page will jump, taking all my text with it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread