+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Site Adjustments

My slowness problem cleared up with a new computer and fresh memory. My old computer had a full memory and that really slowed up everything, including this site. Or, I'm just getting used to last read taking a few seconds to load.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

For those of you who are experiencing speed issues and are PMing Phil, please give him as much information as you can. Just saying "It's slow" doesn't help. Give him your browser and version, which anti-virus program you use and as much other information as possible so he can try to figure out what is causing the problem.

Another thing that would help is turning off your anti-virus/firewall/etc. and seeing if the problem clears up. If it does, that's something that can be fixed.

The "jumping" some of you are experiencing has to do with the "go to last post" function. TVG can remove that and the problem be resolved, although it also won't take you to the first unread post any more.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ..........The "jumping" some of you are experiencing has to do with the "go to last post" function. TVG can remove that and the problem be resolved, although it also won't take you to the first unread post any more.
    Critical: This is MY opinion only. While I like being able to go to the last post, the jumping is "insane." In the past we went to the last page and I thought that was OK. I'd give up the "last post" capability if the jumping would stop. I hope others will chime in on this subject so you can go with the majority opinion. Thanks to all of you for your continuing efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Critical: This is MY opinion only. While I like being able to go to the last post, the jumping is "insane." In the past we went to the last page and I thought that was OK. I'd give up the "last post" capability if the jumping would stop. I hope others will chime in on this subject so you can go with the majority opinion. Thanks to all of you for your continuing efforts.
    I"m with you, CMD. I'd much rather have the page-jumping stop when you try to post, than have the first unread post capability.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    For those of you who are experiencing speed issues and are PMing Phil, please give him as much information as you can. Just saying "It's slow" doesn't help. Give him your browser and version, which anti-virus program you use and as much other information as possible so he can try to figure out what is causing the problem.

Another thing that would help is turning off your anti-virus/firewall/etc. and seeing if the problem clears up. If it does, that's something that can be fixed.

The "jumping" some of you are experiencing has to do with the "go to last post" function. TVG can remove that and the problem be resolved, although it also won't take you to the first unread post any more.
    I would rather not have the jumping, even if it means no go to last post option.

I didn't give phil my antivirus info....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm not having problems with the jumping, but I stopped trying to get to the last post...it takes too long (10 seconds, the one time I timed it). So I'm good with removing the "last post" option if it will help the people who have jumping issues.

I only had jumping a few times and it didn't happen on Last Post. It was just random. I'm not concerned with the Last Post Option.

I have given my info to Phil.

FORT Fogey

I used the program "CCleaner" this morning on my PC and find things are now going a lot faster. I use IE for FORT and AVG for virus protection.

It has been a month since anyone commented on the slowness & jumping issues, so I take it this has cleared up for everyone but me? Or did everyone just give up hope on a correction?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It has been a month since anyone commented on the slowness & jumping issues, so I take it this has cleared up for everyone but me? Or did everyone just give up hope on a correction?
    gave up.
    inthegarden likes this.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread