+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Re: Site Adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I can't believe that the very thing I was complaining about showed up in my post!!!! That's hilarious!!! Made me laught out loud!!!

Notice how it did not show up when I quoted myself! At least it wasn't there when I last saw this post!

This is beyond bizarre.
    It didn't show up for me in your original post either. Weird
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My screen shows the words "repetition repetition" in my original post! Maybe other people are only "stuttering" on my screen, too? Lunacy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

ever since this "upgrade" the board runs sooooo sllloooowww for me. I see now that I'm not the only one with this problem. The slowness of the pages loading has definitely affected my visits & how often I post. It's very annoying & frustrating. It would be nice to know an ETA on when TPTB plan to fix this, as well as other problems that a lot of member seem to be having with the new board.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I still have the slowness, the jumping around from post to post, etc.
    I do understand all boards require maintenance and routine servicing. I've just never seen one that reduced the performance like this one has.
    holly71 and Debb70 like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I share your frustration folks. I keep hoping things will get better, but now I'm really worried. It takes so long for me to move from page to page, that it's just not feasible to be able to cover more than a few threads at a time.

I wonder if we have a percentage of how many members say they have solved their speed issue and what percentage say theirs has not been resolved.

I hope the company who provided the "improvement" understands that it isn't an improvement for some and that their problem solving may need some more intervention.

I don't have this problem on any other site I visit and my tech person tells me the problem is not on my end, but the site's.

I'm sure the overhaul costs a lot of money. I hope the owners push the provider to give them what they promised.

I love this site and used to have such fun here. I still love it, but it's so frustrating, that it really tries my patience. I've taken to meditating while I wait for pages to load!!!!!LOL Maybe that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I share your frustration folks. I keep hoping things will get better, but now I'm really worried. It takes so long for me to move from page to page, that it's just not feasible to be able to cover more than a few threads at a time.

I wonder if we have a percentage of how many members say they have solved their speed issue and what percentage say theirs has not been resolved.

I hope the company who provided the "improvement" understands that it isn't an improvement for some and that their problem solving may need some more intervention.

I don't have this problem on any other site I visit and my tech person tells me the problem is not on my end, but the site's.

I'm sure the overhaul costs a lot of money. I hope the owners push the provider to give them what they promised.

I love this site and used to have such fun here. I still love it, but it's so frustrating, that it really tries my patience. I've taken to meditating while I wait for pages to load!!!!!LOL Maybe that's a good thing.
    As to the bolded, I'd like to know how many have given up & left entirely. Seems to me that the place is almost deserted lately.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    As to the bolded, I'd like to know how many have given up & left entirely. Seems to me that the place is almost deserted lately.
    That's a good question. I wonder if many who encounter the slowness just leave as opposed to coming and posting on this thread about their experience.

I'm sure that the owners have the numbers of how many are on now as opposed to before the upgrade.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We sure don't seem to be getting any answers or "cures", do we?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    We sure don't seem to be getting any answers or "cures", do we?
    I think they probably have told them they are working on it, but, maybe they don't know what else to do.

I would imagine the owners would not be happy with their product though. An upgrade, should bring more members, not cause them to leave. I really feel for them.

I'll keep hoping something is discovered and that the kinks are soothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think they probably have told them they are working on it, but, maybe they don't know what else to do.

I would imagine the owners would not be happy with their product though. An upgrade, should bring more members, not cause them to leave. I really feel for them.

I'll keep hoping something is discovered and that the kinks are soothed.
    Exactly. We can't do anything other than let TV Guide know what problems need to be fixed. We're hopeful that they will get things taken care of soon. Beyond that, the mods can't DO anything to fix the problems ourselves.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread