+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Re: Site Adjustments

ALL of the old style templates are gone - they are not compatible with this new version of VBulletin. We and the TVG folks are doing what we can to restore everything we can, but it's not a quick process. Those style templates, in particular, took a long time to design, so we appreciate your patience as we work on this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

No problem. I'm just glad we can still navigate and read while the boards are completely updated. The timing is good too, since there is so little on tv. *sighs*

I agree, it is hard on old eyes to read the pages.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

In the event anyone is keeping track, I'm adding my name to the "too hard to read" list.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I don't have much of a problem with reading the screen. I wear reading glasses most of the time when using my laptop. I never thought I would need reading glasses, but I do now for the computer. It's just the speed issue for me. I'll be patient and wait it out. This is one of my favorite sites, so it will be worth it.

FORT Fogey

There is a capability for a profile picture. How does one get this to work?

For the time being, you can change your color scheme to "FORT default test" for a little more contrast on your screen. There is a menu at the bottom left of every page. Warning: if you put in an old color scheme it will just look wacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    There is a capability for a profile picture. How does one get this to work?
    Profile pictures are only available to staff for now. It used to be available to premium members before we were sold to TV Guide, so a very few people still have them.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I just noticed that clicking the "Find All Posts" link on my profile generates a list of just 6 posts. Are posts made prior to 6/7/2011 now unavailable to view using that feature? I also don't see a statistical history link for "Threads Started." Is that gone now?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    For the time being, you can change your color scheme to "FORT default test" for a little more contrast on your screen. There is a menu at the bottom left of every page. Warning: if you put in an old color scheme it will just look wacky.
    That color scheme is much easier on the eyes of this 50+ year old. Is there any way at this point to "save" it? Or do I have to select it each time I sign in.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I think that it will stay if you just select it. When I logged in this morning, it was still there. I'm pretty sure it will act like the styles we had previously.

I did what I could with that color scheme, but there isn't a simple way to change the forum icons that show read vs. unread posts and I know that is an issue - the light blue and gray are really close. I'll keep looking

We'll keep working on things, along with TVG, to get everything back to as close to normal as possible.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread