+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Re: Site Adjustments

As far as last post read, I found that if it is the first time on that page and I don't want to wait, I hit the view last post link at the top of the page and it jumps right down. However, after the page request has fully loaded, it bounces up a couple of posts. This is all rather fun, isn't it?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    As far as last post read, I found that if it is the first time on that page and I don't want to wait, I hit the view last post link at the top of the page and it jumps right down. However, after the page request has fully loaded, it bounces up a couple of posts. This is all rather fun, isn't it?
    I'm having this same issue. I can deal with it because the alternative is to not deal with it..lol. But it sucks.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I'd like to know:

(1) what is the capacity of the "attachment" files re: the number of pictures you can store.
    (2) is there a way to delete a picture in the "attachment" files if you don't want to save it any more? I didn't see any instructions in the "help" section.

Thank you!!!!

I don't understand your question. Attachments are when you add a picture to a post, and it shows up in a thumbnail in your post. You can click on it and see it bigger.

You can't go back and edit a post a day later, so you wouldn't be able to delete an attachment either. It's not being saved or stored, it's just part of your post.

As for limits - we have always had a limit on how many pictures to put in a single post because it can make a thread hard to load, but that really doesn't have to do with attachments. That would be images that are being hosted on another website such as photobucket.

Edit: Also it doesn't sound like this has anything to do with the upgrade, but possibly I am misunderstanding you. What are you trying to do, exactly?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I don't understand your question. Attachments are when you add a picture to a post, and it shows up in a thumbnail in your post. You can click on it and see it bigger.

You can't go back and edit a post a day later, so you wouldn't be able to delete an attachment either. It's not being saved or stored, it's just part of your post.

My question is: how many pictures can you STORE in the "File Upload Manager," which is what comes up when you click on the "clip" icon.

As for limits - we have always had a limit on how many pictures to put in a single post because it can make a thread hard to load, but that really doesn't have to do with attachments. That would be images that are being hosted on another website such as photobucket.

I am aware of the limit -- I believe it is six. Correct?

Edit: Also it doesn't sound like this has anything to do with the upgrade, but possibly I am misunderstanding you. What are you trying to do, exactly?
    I am sorry if I did not word my questions well. I also wanted to know if, once you upload something to the "File Upload Manager," and no longer want to keep it, can it be deleted? For example, if you have attachments you've used for holidays, etc. and don't want to store them any more.

Hopefully I have made more sense this time!! Thanks in advance, Hepcat!!

Columbia,

I think I know what you are looking for.

Go to foum actions at top of page, click general settings, scroll down on the left of your my settings and you will see an attachments category.

Click on that, you can select attachments to delete from individual posts.
    Last edited by just1paul; 07-03-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: corrected information
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I've added the exception in Avast and I always use Firefox. The site is still slow for me. Some days are slower than others, but it's definitely a pain sometimes.
    Wake up and be awesome

The loading of pages is rather tedious.
    holly71 likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

The pages are still jumping. I'm on IE. I am unable to use Firefox for FORT, as I screwed up the site on that browser a long time ago and never could figure out to fix it. My bad!

site is very slow for me too.... pages take forever to load and today... i was signed on, then noticed i wasn't....signed back on, and so far so good. being BB time, i like to stay logged in, with site minimized, so i can keep track of minute to minute plays! HA HA
    if your being chased by an angry bull, and then you notice you're also being chased by a swarm of bees, it doesn't really change things............ just keep on running!! -- Jack Handey

+ Reply to Thread