+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Re: Site Adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Will we have TV Listings come back? It was so much easier to check what was on TV here rather than go to the actual TV Guide homepage.
    I don't know when they will be restoring them but I know they will, since it was a big reason for buying us in the first place. I love that the listings take you to a way to watch episodes for the shows that allow online viewing. Very handy, TV Guide, we'd enjoy having the listings back!
    buglover likes this.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Is it bad that I didn't even know we had TV Listings? I hope that feature comes back soon so I can check it out!
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU View Post
    Is it bad that I didn't even know we had TV Listings? I hope that feature comes back soon so I can check it out!
    It sounds like a nice feature, but I am so overwhelmed with the slowness problem, that I don't even think of any other issue. If my speed could come up to an acceptable level, I would be estatic. That's really the only problem I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks so much for this suggestion, however, I tried it twice and it made no difference in my speed. It's still very slow. If anyone thinks of any other option, please post it. I'm really frustrated at this point.
    Maybe you could post details about what anti-virus program you are using? Most folks have been able to fix the problem by tinkering with the anti-virus software, and maybe we can pinpoint it for your particular software.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Maybe you could post details about what anti-virus program you are using? Most folks have been able to fix the problem by tinkering with the anti-virus software, and maybe we can pinpoint it for your particular software.
    I have Avast and have followed the instructions I saw upthread in which you disable the program, then turn it back on and then enter this site as an exception, ( I forget the term) but it didn't work. I tried it twice and saw no difference.

I'll try something else if anyone have any ideas. I also switched to Mozilla Firefox and saw no difference. I don't have the problem on any other site. It's odd.

I'm sorry to hear it's the same program - TVG does still read this thread so hopefully they can come up with some help soon.

I haven't really looked at the other posts and I am sure that this question has been asked, but why is this "new and improved" site sooo slow? what is up? It is sooo annoying...also...if I don't post something 5 minutes after signing in, I am signed out...

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have Avast and have followed the instructions I saw upthread in which you disable the program, then turn it back on and then enter this site as an exception, ( I forget the term) but it didn't work. I tried it twice and saw no difference.

I'll try something else if anyone have any ideas. I also switched to Mozilla Firefox and saw no difference. I don't have the problem on any other site. It's odd.
    Did you make sure that you added the exception under the Web Shield? There are 8 different shields in the version of Avast that I have and the only shield that the fix works with is the Web Shield. I ask because it took me a few tries to get the right one.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Was this change necessary to fix something that was "broke", or was it done just because it seemed to be time for a change?
    JavaJo likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The only issue I am still having is a rather big one, with Big Brother about to start up...

I did the exceptions thing to my Antivirus (which BTW is something that shouldn't be asked of users, no other website has requested that ever), and everything works fine now, EXCEPT for the "last unread post" buttons. When I click one of those, it instantly goes to the top of the thread in question, then waits a full ten seconds before finding the last unread post on the page. This will make live feed transcribing and such a little frustrating.

OK I lied, there's two issues: Search. Search results only turn up things that have been posted since the upgrade, and a search for older items always comes up empty. Does the site have to be indexed in the CP or something?
    susanr342 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread