+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Re: Site Adjustments

It is now under "Settings" on the top right corner of the page.

When I am using Firefox (which I have been using on FORT since the new board) The word "settings" is not there! When I switched to IE it was there, I clicked on it and was able to change my avatar.

I was on the phone with a Fort friend and she can see it when using Firefox. I wonder why I can't.

In Firefox, my right hand side of the top of the page reads: Photobabe Notifications My Profile Log Out. Nothing else.

Can't help you with that. I use Firefox also.

Photobabe, on the third line down on the left, click on "Forum Actions", then click on either "General Settings" or "Edit Profile". Then look down the left side of the screen for "Edit Avatar" and click on that.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

The only issue I'm having is the logging out thing. It only does it when I've just logged in and it doesn't happen all the time. Just enough to be annoying. However, I don't like staying logged in anywhere (for internet safety purposes) so I'll deal with it for now. Other than that, it's been pretty smooth except for the first couple of days. I like the purple background.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I always stay logged in, but if I'm inactive for about 30 minutes, the site shows me as offline. It's easier than logging out since I don't share this computer with anyone.

I'm not sure what to even say about the slowness some of you are still experiencing. If you tried the fix upthread and it didn't work, then there's something else going on. Maybe check your other virus/malware/shield protection software. I know it took me a few tries with adding an exclusion in Avast because I put it under the wrong shield the first time.

TV Guide will definitely keep working on it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It still logs me out a lot.
    Is a bit faster now, but not as fast as before.
    This is the only site I have the problems on.
    I'm hoping it all improves in time, as I've done everything I can from my end.
    Debb70 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by veejer View Post
    Photobabe, on the third line down on the left, click on "Forum Actions", then click on either "General Settings" or "Edit Profile". Then look down the left side of the screen for "Edit Avatar" and click on that.
    Thank you. I worked. It's good to know I will not have to go to IE every time I want to change my avatar! Other than that little annoyance, this new format works much better for me when I use Firefox.

Will we have TV Listings come back? It was so much easier to check what was on TV here rather than go to the actual TV Guide homepage.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the fix using the Avast exceptions. Definitely much faster. But like others the site isn't keeping me logged in. Sometimes while on site, and never when I go off the site. Even with the remember me box checked. No biggie though. I do love the Purple background too.

+ Reply to Thread