+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

Re: Site Adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by 9Cloud View Post
    The ones at the top of the page, under Forum Tools -> Mark This Forum Read. Thanks for looking into this, and all of our other issues.
    Is it still not working for you? I tried it just now and it worked.

I know that TVG checks this thread regularly, so if things still need fixing, they'll work on getting it done.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

AHH! The jumping would be slightly tolerable, but when it logs me out all the time, I'm ready to scream! Had to use IE just to get on and post, and I'm frustrated that Chrome isn't working, but I guess I could live with it if I didn't have to keep logging in!

I'm still on Firefox. It still jumps like mad and it logs me out constantly. I cannot use IE at all on this site.

Any help is sincerely appreciated. TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm using Safari on both MacBook and iPad -- the only annoyance (which was happening before the upgrade) is the thing with going to the first unread post: it goes immediately to the top of the page, then once completely loaded (about 30 seconds?) it jumps down to the first unread post. So, all in all, Safari works great with FoRT!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I solved my "going to the first post" problem by switching to Firefox when I access FoRT. Everything seems to work fine with Firefox but I wish I could use Chrome since that is my browser of choice.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never been logged off, thank goodness. I think I'd have to call it a day if I was battling that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was having the problem with getting logged off until I checked the remember me box when I logged in. Since then, I haven't had a problem.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I'm okay with everything except the slowness issue. It's still VERY slow. Since it looks like that may not be something that changes, I might check with a compter tech in my area and see is they can solve it on my end. I'll report back if it works.

Ever since the site got the new format IE is super slow, I have finally tried Firefox is while still slow it is much faster than the super slow mo of IE.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm feeling pretty dumb at the moment. I have changed my avatar many times without a problem but now, I can't seem to get to the page needed to change it. Where has it gone and how do I get there?

+ Reply to Thread