+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

FORT Fogey

Re: Site Adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am still having a problem with the cursor jumping back UP the page while I am trying to post. I have to hold down the left mouse to hold my line position, and just type with my left hand. Most annoying.
    I also note it happens when you are on a page reading posts.......

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Okay folks, TVG_Phil found the answer for my problem with slowness on the site and maybe it will work for the rest of you too!

1. Try disabling your anti-virus - specifically your web shield component if you can choose [I have Avast and you have to choose Web Shield from the list of shields]
    2. At this point, turn your antivirus back on, and find the spot in the software to add an 'exclusion' or an 'exception' and put one in for http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/* - That should fix you permanently while not compromising your system security. [In Avast, I clicked on Advanced Settings to get to the screen with the option to add an exception. ]

Also, don't use Chrome for now. Stick with IE and Firefox.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks so much for this suggestion, however, I tried it twice and it made no difference in my speed. It's still very slow. If anyone thinks of any other option, please post it. I'm really frustrated at this point.

I am still having a problem with the cursor jumping back UP the page while I am trying to post. I have to hold down the left mouse to hold my line position, and just type with my left hand. Most annoying.
    I have this happen to me on other sites as well. I'm not sure it's a FORT thing.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Mine is still super slow and my cursor still jumps around like PRHOShay's does.

I don't have the problem on any other sites on the Internet. Just this one.
    Thanks in advance.
    Debb70 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Mine has never loaded slowly, even with Chrome, but I've switched to Firefox when I access FORT now and I'm able to go to the first new post.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Mine is still super slow and my cursor still jumps around like PRHOShay's does.

I don't have the problem on any other sites on the Internet. Just this one.
    Thanks in advance.
    I don't have the problem on any other site, either.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Same here.
    CYA

Similar to a previous poster, I cannot post with Chrome now. I also cannot reply to private messages. Everything seems to be okay for me with Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Slow is hardly the word for it. I've tried different browers, cleaning caches, etc but still slow. The only way I can handle it is to have two browsers open, keep myself busy with one, while I wait for the other to load. Oh, how I miss the old FORT. The new color schemes really help though.
    Guess I'll just have to continue to exert patience that I'm always low on because I love it here too much to abandon it.
    Yep, that's me. I'm using the latest version of Firefox but it's slow as molasses. Like you say, the only way I can tolerate it is by opening multiple tabs and doing other stuff while I wait on this site. I love FORT to much to give up on it, but it does make life irritating.

The new colors are lovely. I'd trad the colors for speed, though.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Glad that fix worked for you!

Which links are you referring to? The one at the bottom of the main index page seems to be working just fine for me.
    The ones at the top of the page, under Forum Tools -> Mark This Forum Read. Thanks for looking into this, and all of our other issues.

+ Reply to Thread