+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Site Adjustments

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: Site Adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Okay folks, TVG_Phil found the answer for my problem with slowness on the site and maybe it will work for the rest of you too!

1. Try disabling your anti-virus - specifically your web shield component if you can choose [I have Avast and you have to choose Web Shield from the list of shields]
    2. At this point, turn your antivirus back on, and find the spot in the software to add an 'exclusion' or an 'exception' and put one in for http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/* - That should fix you permanently while not compromising your system security. [In Avast, I clicked on Advanced Settings to get to the screen with the option to add an exception. ]

Also, don't use Chrome for now. Stick with IE and Firefox.

Hope this helps!

This helped a lot, thank you. I'm not too happy about the exclusion, but if it's just a temporary fix, I can live with it for a while.

SOrry, still slow even after trying the "exclusion" setting with Avast.

Did you make sure you were in the web shield vs. the other ones? I made an exclusion with a different shield the first time and it was still slow.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was wondering is there any hope of getting tapatalk to work again? I only access the site through my phone and it's not so easy to do now.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

well as much as i hate switching browsers, it appears that i will have to with the FORT. this new software just does not like chrome ... but still works perfectly with firefox.

I was just doing a bit of exploring and clicked on the Arcade tab. When the menu drops down for tournaments, no matter which one you click on you get this:

$bbuserinfo[username], we are currently closed to guest viewing due to heavy volume during the Bachelorette finale. We apologize for any inconvenience, but for full access, please register now. Otherwise, we should be available on Tuesday afternoon.

Okay folks, TVG_Phil found the answer for my problem with slowness on the site and maybe it will work for the rest of you too!

1. Try disabling your anti-virus - specifically your web shield component if you can choose [I have Avast and you have to choose Web Shield from the list of shields]
    2. At this point, turn your antivirus back on, and find the spot in the software to add an 'exclusion' or an 'exception' and put one in for http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/* - That should fix you permanently while not compromising your system security. [In Avast, I clicked on Advanced Settings to get to the screen with the option to add an exception. ]

Also, don't use Chrome for now. Stick with IE and Firefox.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. This was the cure! My pages now download with the same speed as the old version.

Items not mentioned above: Many of the links to "Mark Forum Read" are not working.

Also, Will Mah Jong be available soon?

Quote Originally Posted by 9Cloud View Post
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. This was the cure! My pages now download with the same speed as the old version.

Items not mentioned above: Many of the links to "Mark Forum Read" are not working.

Also, Will Mah Jong be available soon?
    Glad that fix worked for you!

Which links are you referring to? The one at the bottom of the main index page seems to be working just fine for me.

If Mahjong is available, I'm sure it can be added eventually.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Did you make sure you were in the web shield vs. the other ones? I made an exclusion with a different shield the first time and it was still slow.
    I tried it again and..................Lo and behold!!! It worked!!!
    Thank you soooo much. I can have patience with the other adjustments that are being made to this site but slowness drives me nuts. I have patience issues with my microwave - nothing is too fast for me!!
    Thanks again.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am still having a problem with the cursor jumping back UP the page while I am trying to post. I have to hold down the left mouse to hold my line position, and just type with my left hand. Most annoying.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread