+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: TapATalk

TapATalk

The reason why I am writing this is to ask you if there is any possible way you are thinking about adding the TalkATalk program. It's a program for the iPhone,Blackberry and Android.

Its really easy to install. You just need to upload some files to the server and add alittle bit of code to the Standard FORT style. It is also free.

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Re: TapATalk

that would be great. I use TapATalk for another message board that uses the same software as this one and I love it.
    Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide

Thanks for the suggestion - we will pass it along to TVGuide.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Great suggestion!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

bump!

BTW the URL is Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF

Here is what they say.

Q: How much does it cost?
    A: As a forum owner you are free to activate Tapatalk in your forum, and you are free to remove/deactivate it anytime you want to. A free version of the app is also available. There is a paid version at US$2.99 for iPhone, Android, Nokia (BlackBerry version is in beta and is currently free).

Q: Which forum system does it currently support?
    A: Currently phpBB3 3.0.x, vBulletin 3.7.x/3.8.x/4.0.x, Invision Power Board (IPB) 3.0.x and Simple Machine Forum (SMF) 1.1.x/2.0.x are supported.

Q: I have multiple forums, Can I activate more than one forum?
    A: Yes, you can and additional forums are free also.

Q: What's the point of this app if my members can access my site with mobile skin at no cost?
    A: We received a lot of feedback from users that they want a dedicated app on their smartphone. Most users are contented with the mobile skin or a standard web browser but some of them would appreciate a full-on native app on their phone. For example Tapatalk app allows user to upload photo directly from their phone to your forum as an image attachment. We are also rolling out Push Notification support so it helps your members to stay in touch with your forums while on-the-go.

Jckatz, thanks for that information. I had asked TVG earlier about this but I just realized I had the wrong name, "TalkaTalk" instead of TAPaTalk. No wonder we came up empty.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Administrator

I've added TapATalk. Let me know if you see any problems!

The only problem I have found is that spoilers which are in spoiler tags are not hidden. Not a problem for me as I love spoilers, but it might irritate others.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I just downloaded this and am loving it so far. Thank you. Always looking for good apps.

Just want to let you the last two days I have not been able to access the site with tapatalk. I let them know but they suggested I let it be known here too. Not sure what is going on, but I hope someone can figure it out.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast