+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: TapATalk

Re: TapATalk

I had to log in after the recent Tapatalk upgrade, but not since then. Frey can look into the problem, but it might not be something we can fix - it may be on their end. Sometimes there are problems when an app releases a new version.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I had to log in after the recent Tapatalk upgrade, but not since then. Frey can look into the problem, but it might not be something we can fix - it may be on their end. Sometimes there are problems when an app releases a new version.
    ok...At least 2 other people on the BB Live Feed thread are also saying they are seeing this pop-up now too. If we are supposed to actually ever key our ID+PW into it, you can let us know. I am afraid to do that since I have no idea what it is.

P.S. Someone said they actually used their Fort ID+PW in the pop-up and the pop-up went away. I dont want to do that unless we are directed to do that. Thanks again for helping to check into this. I realize these types of things can take time to figure out how it started and what we should do.

The problem just seemed to go away just now, so maybe it is gone now or it may be a maximum and then stops.
    Last edited by Sticker; 08-21-2013 at 07:32 PM.

I just started getting the Tapatalk admin login pop-up as well, but only on one computer (and not the one where I sync my iPhone).

I'm going to delete my FORT cookies and log in again and see if that helps.

EDIT: That did the trick, pop-up is gone. I noticed one of the cookies was named "tapatalk_redirect" -- probably the culprit.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 08-22-2013 at 03:12 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Is anyone else having issues with new posts not displaying? When I look at the list of unread posts, there will be posts in that list, but if I click into the thread, it's not there. For instance, right now in the Misc. Celebrity News thread, the last 7 posts aren't showing up - it just says "End". I can't figure out exactly what happens, but at a certain point, the posts then show up - maybe after X number of posts are made on a page

This started happening with the new version of the app. I was going to contact support at Tapatalk, but wanted to see if other posters are having the same problem.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Tapatalk is getting on my last nerve. Most of the time I can't get the pages in the forum to load at all. EXTREMELY annoying, especially for something I paid for.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with new posts not displaying? When I look at the list of unread posts, there will be posts in that list, but if I click into the thread, it's not there. For instance, right now in the Misc. Celebrity News thread, the last 7 posts aren't showing up - it just says "End". I can't figure out exactly what happens, but at a certain point, the posts then show up - maybe after X number of posts are made on a page

This started happening with the new version of the app. I was going to contact support at Tapatalk, but wanted to see if other posters are having the same problem.
    Yup, me too - I had the same problem in the same thread. Annoying as hell. I don't care for the new version at all.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Yeah, I'm not happy with the new version either, even beyond the fact that it's not a free app and I paid for it. I'll contact their support and maybe we'll see the problem fixed down the line.

I'm communicating with support at Tapatalk. Hopefully, they can get this sorted out

Tapatalk tech support can replicate the problem, but I figured out a way to get those new posts to display. At the bottom of the page in each thread, there's a little arrow in the bottom corner that expands a menu. If you hit refresh from that menu, the new posts will show up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast