+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: TapATalk

Re: TapATalk

I just used Tapatalk on IOS and logged in. not sure how to "debug" this...

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I'm having major issues with Tapatalk today...wouldn't let me log in, then told me there was a problem with the plug-in, then it told me my address had been blacklisted (thought I'd crossed the line in CE ), then it wouldn't let me send a post - I had to wait for a while and then re-send it. I just logged in now from a computer and haven't had a problem so I think it must be the plug-in.

TapATalk

Ok, I'm trying again now & it seems ok. That was weird. At least I'm not blacklisted.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Tap-a-talk is telling me to contact my forum adminstrator...says it's restricting access. I'm a pain, I know...sorry.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Sounds to me that you may be coming from a network that has been blacklisted due to reports of spam/viruses being spread from it. I have installed some additional security software on the site to prevent access to those networks/IP's that have been reported to be actively spreading viruses/spam and/or breaking into other computers.

The next time you experience this problem, please goto What Is My IP - Shows Your IP Address and then let me know what IP address it returns. I will look it up and then confirm if my theory is true.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Tap-a-talk is telling me to contact my forum adminstrator...says it's restricting access. I'm a pain, I know...sorry.

Got an app update for Tap-a-Talk that fixed it. Thanks.

If anyone doesn't have Tapatalk and would like to try it AND you have an Android phone, Amazon has it for free for a limited time (it's normally $2.99):
    Amazon.com: Tapatalk Forum Reader: Appstore for Android
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Speaking of Tapatalk, I have had Tapatalk Notifier for Google Chrome installed for the past several months and it was working fine, then it just stopped working all of a sudden. I no longer get notifications via Chrome web browser anymore. Anyone else having this problem?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I just had it downloaded in to my I pad and cannot connect to the forum.Glad it was free just think I will deal directly with fans.website never a problem with you guys!

Tapatalk wanted a login from me today before I could log in to the site.

I think I tried to sign up on my Kindle Fire but it wouldn't take, so I'm wondering why the sudden interest in me. I did sign in with them using my FoRT login, but don't know how that will effect anything.

Oh, another poster mentioned this as well in the BBLiveFeed thread for 8/21.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Tapatalk wanted a login from me today before I could log in to the site.

I think I tried to sign up on my Kindle Fire but it wouldn't take, so I'm wondering why the sudden interest in me. I did sign in with them using my FoRT login, but don't know how that will effect anything.

Oh, another poster mentioned this as well in the BBLiveFeed thread for 8/21.
    Yeah, that may have been my post. It is really strange as it just started happening today a little while ago and not sure why. I tried re-booting my machine and as soon as I came back to FORT and signed into Fort the normal way, the pop-up comes back up asking for an ID+PW. Below is exactly what the pop-up says. I am just closing the pop-up each time.

The weird thing is I dont think I ever even installed anything to do with "tapatalk" on this laptop, but it could be some software that came as an ad-on for Google Chrome or something. But I definietly have not installed anything recently at all. A strange issue and was wondering if anybody else saw this new pop-up today. I can keep closing it each time it comes up, but it is kind of annoying of course. My virus software should have pop-ups blocked, so was wondering if perhaps the new server could be related to this somehow.

Anyway, hope this post helps if anybody else gets this today. Below is what the pop-up says:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The server activate.tapatalk.com at Administrator Login requires a username and
    password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent
    in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

User name:
    Password:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast