+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorites in Signatures

FORT Regular

Favorites in Signatures

I'll start with an apology if this has been answered before. And I'll go ahead and get straight to the point.

Can we put favorites of certain shows in our signatures or no? I read in the rules it isn't allowed, but I have seen it several times on the site and just wanted to confirm the truth.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Favorites in Signatures

Quote Originally Posted by thisaintascene;3345786;
    I'll start with an apology if this has been answered before. And I'll go ahead and get straight to the point.

Can we put favorites of certain shows in our signatures or no? I read in the rules it isn't allowed, but I have seen it several times on the site and just wanted to confirm the truth.

Thank you in advance.
    That was changed about a year ago as John posted.

Quote Originally Posted by John;2770453;
    For a couple of years now, we've had a rule that we didn't allow "favorites" in sig lines. We did this because there was no way at the time to control the length of sig lines, and people listing their favorites tended to be long and out of control, making the site hard to read.

Since we now have the ability to limit you to 5 lines of text, we are relaxing this rule, and will allow "favorites" in sig lines from now on,

We do ask that you please try to keep your sig lines short and not annoying to other members - we may occasionally ask you to shorten your sig line or make the font smaller if this is the case.

Thank you!

Re: Favorites in Signatures

Hi,

I have a question about favorite people of shows in a sig line. I have seen this in a sig line and when a particular person is voted out, or basically...gone, the person's name is struck through. I see this as kind of a spoiler, and I have actually been spoiled at least once this way. Some shows are not broadcast simultaneously in Canada, and I suspect elsewhere too. One example is Project Runway. This is broadcast several weeks behind the US run.

Anyhoo, I suppose a trivial thing to request a rule on it. Perhaps folks in a habit of this could find it in their heart to use some common courtesy and just remove that person's name, as opposed to striking it through? Thanks. Otherwise, I will continue to try to avert my eyes.

Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread