+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ack - redirected ads and pop ads taking over browser

Re: Ack - redirected ads and pop ads taking over browser

It has begun to happen to me as well. I log into the FORT and get sent to an ad that says it will re-direct me and then never does. I just close it out and open a new window and everything is fine.
    Yup, with donuts!!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

It has happened again. If you watch the lower bar regarding what is loading, it appears as though a site with news and videos is trying to load. It starts out with "about blank" which could refer to the ad space at the top of the page. Anyway, at one point in the blinking process just now, a language box opened asking if I wanted to load in Chinese. Totally weird. When it finally decided it was done a site named Jokesters something or other loaded. Of course I closed it, but it wasn't an ad hijack, but a site hijack this time.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3146800;
    It has happened again. If you watch the lower bar regarding what is loading, it appears as though a site with news and videos is trying to load. It starts out with "about blank" which could refer to the ad space at the top of the page. Anyway, at one point in the blinking process just now, a language box opened asking if I wanted to load in Chinese. Totally weird. When it finally decided it was done a site named Jokesters something or other loaded. Of course I closed it, but it wasn't an ad hijack, but a site hijack this time.
    I never left my browser open long enough for anything to load completely but that was the same thing I was getting in my status bar at the bottom, like there were tens of things trying to load, but my page froze.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3146983;
    I never left my browser open long enough for anything to load completely but that was the same thing I was getting in my status bar at the bottom, like there were tens of things trying to load, but my page froze.
    Exactly. Just now Zedo dot com hijacked me when I tried to open the discussion thread in BB. That is twice today. I'll come in through firefox tomorrow (if I remember) and see if that is better. Probably not though if it is an ad company problem.

Should we keep reporting incidents or wait for an announcement of a resolution?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

There for a while everytime I logged into Fort I would end up on a Dell google page or something that would not allow me to return to Fort.My husband ended up deleting tons of junk and I started from scratch redoing my favorites, so now it appears to be all right.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Here is a capture of partial screen:
    Attached Images Attached Images

The latest problem on my computer, which started yesterday, is voice and sound popping in when I change threads. It has happened three times so far. Since I think I'm still relatively sane, the non-relational conversations I've heard have been annoying, but not life threatening.

Premium Member

The only audio ad I've had is the one yesterday for Playtex bras. The girl in the ad started talking about "mushrooming" and something about "when your boobs..." then it stopped and went away. That made my 22 year old son raise his eyebrows a little.

Arielflies - I would just keep reporting incidents for now.

I got that ad yesterday too, Marley. It threw me off for a minute.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I also got the bra ad yesterday, while home alone except for the dog. Since he can't talk, and really doesn't have boobs, it kind of freaked me out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast