+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Users Ever Online - Curious

Most Users Ever Online - Curious

Quote Originally Posted by From the main index page of FoRT
    Most users ever online was 3,753, 09-05-2006 at 06:44 PM.
    I keep being curious about this every time I see it on the main index page. I know I was a member here at the time, but I can't remember that far back on FoRT. Does anyone remember what was going on that there were so many users online at the same time that evening?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Re: Most Users Ever Online - Curious

I think it was a Big Brother endurance competition...maybe. My memory isn't great but those competitions seem to draw a lot of traffic.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

You're right, lil, that was the night of that final HoH comp with Boogie, Erika, and Janelle. It was supposed to last hours but Boogie jumped down and Janelle let go by accident. Sad how I remember that night.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Ah, thanks for satisfying my curiosity!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Mine, too!

Actually, I've always thought it had something to do with the Bachelor. Recently, the mods have closed down the site to non-members whenever a big Bachelor episode came along. I think they took this day into account when they decided to do this.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I agree with lil and way. I'm almost positive it was during the Big Brother endurance challenge.
    Wake up and be awesome

You guys are probably right, but I do remember an announcement John made about how there was heavy traffic during big Bachelor episodes.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The site has had a tendency to "crash" at about 38 min into The Bachelor/ette episodes. And, it has been limited to members only during the Finale.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

You all made me curious, so I looked up old TV listings for June 30, 2008 - which was the date of the last record number of users at 4,145 - and that was indeed the date of a two-hour Bachelorette episode.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast