Welcome to new members! If this is your first time here, you may have a bunch of questions. That's what this forum is for. We're here to help you get around like a pro.
1) First things first - post a hello in the introduction thread. Tell us a little about yourself, so we know who you are!
2) You'll probably want an "avatar" - the little picture under your name. Click on "User CP" at the top of any page. Then click on "Edit Options". Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click "Change Avatar". There, you can select a stock photo, or you can attach one from your computer or enter the URL of one on the internet. If you find a picture you love, but it's not the right size, just PM one of the mods and they'll help.
3) Who the heck runs this place? There's a staff listing here, and as you can see, the site runs with the help of a large group of dedicated people. Be nice to them, and they'll be nice to you.
4) Where did your post go? Well, we get that question a lot. If you started a new thread for a topic that already existed, we've merged your thread together with the other one. Your post most likely wasn't deleted (unless it was inflammatory or otherwise broke our rules), we just try to keep things cleaned up.
5) What are our rules? Well, they're pretty simple. Be accepting of others' opinions, post intelligently and responsibly, keep it PG-13, and never insult or berate our staff or other members. If you have a problem with the way we run things, PM me or e-mail me at email@example.com and I'll respond.
If you have a question that's not covered here, you may start a new thread and ask it. This forum has been created for us to post announcements about the site in, but also to answer technical questions you may have, and to get suggestions from you on how to improve.
Thank you, and enjoy your stay!
Oh, one last thing. You've provided an e-mail address when you signed up. That's the only piece of personal information we require, and of course we don't verify it. But we do periodically send e-mails to our users infrequently. It's our policy here that if an e-mail "bounces" for any reason, any time we send you something, your account will be deleted immediately, no questions asked. It's your responsibility to keep an active and accurate e-mail address on your account.