+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade complete

Upgrade complete

We've upgraded the front page, and the site software, and added the vBlog system.

We still have a couple of design kinks to work out, but everything is operational. Please let us know if you see anything that's not working.

We'll be working on design fixes throughout the day. Thank you for bearing with us!

Re: Upgrade complete

I think it looks really nice John!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Site looks great,John!

Good Job John!! Thank you!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Thank you, John! The changes can really help a person stay organized. Great job!

I have a problem since the upgrade. When I visited FoRT the first time after the upgrade, my list of thread categories I had marked to not be displayed are now displaying. For instance, I'm now seeing threads from Fun and Games, and several shows I selected not to see threads for. And since I haven't been receiving those threads for a year or so, I suddenly had A LOT of pages (58+) of new posts when I visited.

Well, I just marked them all read since there were too many to go thru to pick out the ones I do usually view. But now I can't find the place in my User CP where I once selected to not display all those, so I can fix it. Is that part gone now? Or is it just me?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

That was a hack, which is probably not completely compatible with the new version of the software yet. I'll keep an eye on it to see when they update it, and add it again.

Ok, it's back, under Edit Options in your User CP.

Yay, it's working again! Thanks a mucho buncho, John!

By the way, I love the new graphic elements in the default skin. The new Post/Reply/Edite/Quote buttons, etc., and the new icons for indication threads which have unread posts and read posts. Nice touches!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I really like the new look. Good job John. My only question is an addition to the same problem the other poster had. And that's eliminating threads that I don't want to view. I was able to choose most of the Reality TV shows (except for American Idol 7 and Dance Wars. I want to keep AI 7 but not Dance Wars because I never watched it) and there are other threads that I want to not view (certain threads under Other Reality Shows and threads under Non-reality Shows) but I don't see any specific threads listed under those categories. Is there a way I can do it?
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 02-17-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast