Next week, we will be upgrading to the latest version of Vbulletin (3.7.0 beta 4). With this upgrade comes a lot of new features, which we think you will enjoy. Some of the new features are listed below:
1) vBlogs integration. Every member will have a blog area, which functions like any other blog software you've seen. If you want to blog about something, you're welcome to it. The standard site rules apply, of course, but the subject of your blog can be anything, it doesn't have to be reality TV related.
2) Photo albums. Every member will have access to an image uploader, where you can store photos and images. You can use these in your posts. You can make photos public or private, and control who has access to private photos. Members can comment on public photos.
3) Customized profile page. You can customize your profile page, with a background image from your photo album, font and color changes, etc. You may also leave public messages in other members' profile pages.
4) Public groups. Members can create a public user group, for like-minded other members to join. Say, for example, you're a fan of a particular contestant on a show. You can create a group for them, and everyone else who likes them may join it. Groups can have their own thread-like posting areas.
5) Tags. Users may add relevant tags to new threads, so that people can find them easier, and search engines will index them better.
6) Reciprocal friendships. When adding someone to your "buddy list", you can request that the buddy approve your addition. These reciprocal friendships can be seen by other members. Think MySpace.
There are several other changes coming, and I hope you all enjoy the new software version!