+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FORT is 5 today!

Re: FORT is 5 today!

Yay, happy birthday!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Woo-Hoo! Happy Birthday to the most awesome FoRT and a BIG thanks to John and all the mods, writers, etc.!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

from the bottom of my heart for such a great place!!

This place and its wonderful family of people have definitely become a part of my life!

Can't wait to see what happens in the next 5 years!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

What a milestone! A big thank you to all who paved the way for making this such a great site and all the terrific members today, who continue to make it the place to be!

I joined the FoRT when it was only 7 months old. I got a kick out of reading the Welcome thread that Stargazer linked to. I used to go to a website called Reality TV Fans. It was run by Miss Mary. On that site they used to talk about the "other" site that was so awful that Miss Mary started RTVF. I loved that site and really enjoyed being part of that community. Then it just disappeared one day. It turned into a linking site. I hated not having anyone I could talk about reality tv with. I think I was so fed up one day I clicked the link to FoRT that was on the page. (Ok I just went to that site and sure enough it is still a link site and the FoRT link is still highlighted where I clicked it.) I had always wondered if the FoRT was the "other" site that Miss Mary was always refering to as evil. Now 5yrs later I finally have my answer. I'm kind of disappointed to learn that its not.

At first I was really excited that I found another reality site where I could finally share my opinion with other reality fans. But then everytime I went to make a post there were already 20 posts stateing the same thought I had. I realised right away that FoRT was a lot bigger and better then any other forum I'd been to. I decided I couldn't run with the big dogs so I mostly lurked. That explains why I only have 686 posts in 4 years and 5 months.
    But really the quality of the people who make up the FoRT is top notch. Any tv related question I might have I knew I could come to FoRT and find the answer. I loved reading everyones opinions on who would get voted out at the next Tribal Council and why. They were so good at analysing that their opinions were almost spoilers. At one time I was getting at least 80% of my news from the Current Events thread.
    I'm not the reality tv fan that I used to be but the FoRT is still very much a part of my life. I would be completely lost if I couldn't come check in on my "friends" everyday.

Not only do I thank John for running such an awesome site for so long I also thank him for turning me onto geocaching. The hobby that actually was able to tear me away from reality tv. I knew the tide had turned when I skipped watching the season premire of Survivor to attend a geocaching dinner event. John you just don't know how that simple little thread titled "Geocaching anyone?" changed my life. I had been depressed for years. My life was work and home work and home. I had a family but we weren't enjoying each other. Rarely took vacations, never did anything on the weekends, didn't have any non work friends. Geocaching has completely changed our way of life. First we had a blast getting out of the house and hunting geocaches. Then we started attending events and meeting people. Now I have a ton of friends that I get together with on a regular basis. My kids are getting exercise and learning about the outdoors and how to be good stewards of the land. And they are really building their social skills. Honestly you probably feel I'm going overboard but if you had never started that thread there is no telling where our family would be right now. So Thank You!!

Of course I have to give a big round of applause to the moderators who work so hard to keep the FoRT the best run site I've ever visited. You guys are awesome!
    Here's to many more great years at the FoRT!!

awww....Happy Birthday FORT!!! Congratulations John.

Happy Birthday Fort !
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Woot!!!! FORT is 5!!!!!! John, what can I say that hasn't been said already? Thank you ever so, for providing us with a place to go, a place to visit where everyone knows our name (or tag, if you will) and shares our interests. One can spend hours wandering the FORT threads on any given day (I have!) or you can be so caught up in work that you can't visit for a few days, but can jump right back into the pool when you have the time again!

Always on tap are some good snarks, some great messages of positivity, the best recaps around to laugh and agree with, and discussions where friendly disagreement with your fellow fort-ies can really provide you a necessary outlet.

There are friends to lend an ear (so to speak) if you'd like to send something out into the void, but if you don't muster your courage to do so, sometimes it's enough to just know that you can.

You (John, the writers, the moderators, all those riding the bus) have created an online "Cheers"...Congratulations on 5 years, and many more.... You ROCK!!!!!!
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 09-14-2007 at 11:21 AM.
    Could does not mean should

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

What a wonderful idea to start a site that people from where ever can write their own thoughts about anything to whom ever and it's ok to have different ideas. I like how no one is put down for thinking differently.

Thank you John and Mods and Writers for the great job you do each and every day!

Holy Moly (as they day in ThingLand)! Old enough to spank!

Thank you to John, the staff, but most of all the wonderful members, who make this site what it is - an oasis in a sea of sludge.

I look forward to many more years of Fortified reading/posting!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast