+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Site-wide Ad Takeover

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: Site-wide Ad Takeover

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2478477;
    ....Again, I'd be happy to pay, and it's not a matter of aesthetics, or of bitching. What was on my screen was really disturbing, literally painful on the eyes, and certainly unreadable.

But again, it's gone, so I'm happy.
    I was going to drop it there, but perhaps this will help someone else. If not, at least I tried my best to communicate something difficult.

While my geek solved the technical problem, I really wasn't happy that airing this concern was called "rude". Besides being plain dizzying (on my screen, at least), it really was a potential health problem for me to read the way it was. Of course if it wasn't fixed I would just not have read and posted. But I didn't think that giving my input as to why would be considered rude.

I know it may be silly to take little words in posts personally but there it is.

Thank you for listening.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm sure I may be one of the few, but I never realized that the site was owned by TV Guide. Talk about things that make you go "Hmmmmm......."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It was announce here:

FORT Joins TVGuide.com Network

It really has grown into a hugely popular site - and having an owner/sponsor like TVGuide definitely can keep it going - maybe a few little bumps, but definitely worth it. Beats being owned by Tidy-Bowl.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is it possible for some announcements to be put out to members in a general email broadcast? Just asking. Don't yell at me!! Thanks for the link, schmoo2!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

John, I'll be glad when this gets back to "normal" (I think Thursday?)...not because it's awful but because all those people climbing around kind of scare me!! Yes, I know I'm weird...

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I've yet to see any crawling people. I'm thinking it's because my computer is nine years old!?
    I like it too, and hope it gets included with the FORT skin selections.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2479971;
    Is it possible for some announcements to be put out to members in a general email broadcast? Just asking. Don't yell at me!! Thanks for the link, schmoo2!
    We try not to do e-mail announcements, because people tend not to like e-mails - it always ends with me having to remove several hundred people from the mailing list.

I like the colors of this scheme, and as far as the tv climbing people I don't see them because I am doing here what I came here for- FOCUSING on the FORT. I hope that did not come across snotty because I did not mean it that way. For after this ends, did I see somewhere that this color combo is called "producer"?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

It is. And it'll be a wide format like the others.

Thanks John. I can live with it either way. I actually think it's kind of cool.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread