+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Site-wide Ad Takeover

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Site-wide Ad Takeover

My red x's are gone and the current BB banner is back on my computer!

Thanks John!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by John;2478012;
    Lei or JLuvs, if you don't think we're seeing what you're seeing, a screenshot of what you're seeing would help. We obviously don't want the site to be "neurologically disturbing", but at the same time, I'm not sitting over your shoulder so I can't fix what I'm not seeing.

I'll fix the icon problem in IE this morning.
    I think I am seeing exactly what you were seeing. Nothing was disturbing about it to me at all. I actually didn't say that anything was wrong. my comments were on how cool everything was.. I was trying to tell you that everything was right for me and didn't get what was disturbing for Lei. Sorry if I confused you.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

CCL

I was wondering about the change and headed here first to see what was up. I like the colours and the general theme. The scrolling is a bit annoying though.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I like the banner, but the colors are hurting my eyes a bit as I'm scrolling.

I really don't like this change--glad to know it will change back to something, hoping it resembles the old.

The wide margin formats with photos of these unknown people on the sides is useless and distracting. On the good side I like the colors okay.

You know if you had a link, John, for specific feedback on this more readily available (maybe it's me--had to write to a moderator to find this place), I bet you'd see mostly negative reactions/ We were told not to post about it in live feeds but in announcements and I couldn't locate it.

Feel free to write back here or personally, would love to hear about why this happened, and that it will change back to something more amenable to easy reading and posting.

thanks,
    a

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This screen chaos is just about enough to make me not want to watch their show. The mind control attempt is a bit obnoxious. Glad it's going away after 2 days.

The only good part about this is the FoRT banner at the top.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-17-2007 at 01:20 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by andee;2478290;
    Feel free to write back here or personally, would love to hear about why this happened, and that it will change back to something more amenable to easy reading and posting.

thanks,
    a
    Andee,

John clearly states in his first message exactly why this "happened" and how long it is going to be before it changes back.

It's temporary, and it's to satisfy a promotional advertising opportunity. John didn't have any choice. Very small price to pay for the services that tvguide provides John and this site.

It is a little annoying, but I can tolerate it for two days.

I do not get the the TV Guide Channel so couldn't watch it if I wanted to.

John, I have to say I like this colour theme.. my drop down menus are actually readable now.

Any chance that it will be expanded to full screen and kept as a choice??

Andee, I do appreciate the feedback. But as to why this happened, the site is owned by TV Guide. They bought it to make themselves a profit. Since you don't pay to be here, they make this profit through advertising.

Running a site of this size is extremely expensive, so sacrificing your personal aesthetics for a couple of days so that they can turn your visit into something profitable for them is just how it's going to be. If anyone finds the site unreadable, this particular campaign runs for 2 days, so I'll see you after midnight tomorrow night.

Quite frankly, this site has extremely minimal advertising 99.9% of the time, and I think it's kind of rude to bitch about the 2 days when it's still completely functional, with no pop-ups, and just has a color scheme you don't like for a short time.

Anyway, that's the last I'll say about that. Feel free to continue venting, as this is the appropriate place to do so.
    Last edited by John; 07-17-2007 at 02:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread