+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digg This!

Digg This!

www.digg.com is a social news site, for those of you who haven't heard of it.

Basically, someone submits an article or post, and others can "vote" for it. The more popular an article is, the higher it shows, and the more traffic it gets from visitors to Digg.

With Digg's growing popularity, we thought we should start to take advantage of it in a more organized manner, and added "Digg It!" buttons to the bottom of every post.

If you enjoy our articles and recaps, PLEASE take a moment to vote for it by clicking the button (I'm not sure if you need to be a registered member of Digg.com first, but if you do, it's VERY quick and easy to sign up). If you especially like a post, please feel free to add it to Digg.com as well.

We appreciate everyone's helping us get more readers for our wonderful writers' articles! And if you have any suggestions, please post them here.

Thank You John! I was wondering about that. And yes you do have to register but it's very very quick and easy.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Digg this is an interesting sister site. Thank you John.

I love Digg! This is cool, John!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

That's a fun thought. I'm going to have to try this. John
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I was wondering what the heck that button did.

Very nice addition, John!

Quote Originally Posted by John;2245005;
    If you enjoy our articles and recaps, PLEASE take a moment to vote for it by clicking the button (I'm not sure if you need to be a registered member of Digg.com first, but if you do, it's VERY quick and easy to sign up). If you especially like a post, please feel free to add it to Digg.com as well.

We appreciate everyone's helping us get more readers for our wonderful writers' articles!
    I'm a little uncertain from your comments as to what occurs if you click the Digg It! button here for an article or post you believe is superior and worthy of recognition in the event it hasn't been physically posted on that site.

Could you clarify, does every vote count, or just if it is physically posted on Digg's site?

I thought at first the button was a variation on giving out reputation like I've seen on other sites; I suppose it is at that, just not as I'd envisioned. I'm glad you added the feature, though I read and appreciate writer contributions for the reality shows I follow, a primary prompt to arriving here to begin with, I for the most part don't acknowledge contributions I've read and truly admire getting froze up trying to think of something positive to say without either going too far descriptively compared to the norm or saying what sounds to me like a superficial variant of super well done that just sounds false to me if I use it repeatedly.

Having the ability to recognize them in this manner, I'll much more likely do so than my current abandonment of recognition of a job well done and an appreciation for the time invested by others to entertain me due to getting
    so self inhibited by the prospect of what I ought to say to the point of saying nothing.

Well, if you're the first person to Digg something, you'll have to fill out a bit of information about it, so that it shows for the first time. If you're after that, you can just give it a vote and bump up the number.

If you're "digging" somethng for the first time, just copy/paste the first paragraph into the description field (they have a 350 character limit, and will cut off at that point).

You may, of course, Digg anything you'd like, whether it's a member-submitted post or a recap/interview/other official FORT article.

Thanks, John.

If I'm reading correctly you're saying that if I were to hypothetically digg your post I'm responding to, if someone else hadn't previously done so I'd get a prompt asking for a description and that it would then get transposted to Digg's site.

I'll sign up and try it out to see how it functions.

A good addition to the site.

Yep, that's correct.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast