+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digg This!

Thanks for the explanation, John. I signed up earlier, but I just tried it and it works ! There are many, many recaps and articles by the writers that I have read here that are just outstanding, as well as some great posts by members ! Thanks for the opportunity to recognize them.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2245832;
    Thanks, John.

If I'm reading correctly you're saying that if I were to hypothetically digg your post I'm responding to, if someone else hadn't previously done so I'd get a prompt asking for a description and that it would then get transposted to Digg's site.

I'll sign up and try it out to see how it functions.

A good addition to the site.
    Actually, I'm confused again. . I tried to "digg" an article here via the digg button last night and it gave me the prompt and made me fill out the form .... but it then alerted me that it might be a duplicate, which it was. The instructions said if it wasn't a duplicate to continue at the bottom of the page, but if it was a duplicate I could still "digg it", but it wasn't clear how to do that ... digg the dupe as it were, so I'm not sure if I bumped it or not.

Can someone help ?

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2246282;
    Actually, I'm confused again. . I tried to "digg" an article here via the digg button last night and it gave me the prompt and made me fill out the form .... but it then alerted me that it might be a duplicate, which it was. The instructions said if it wasn't a duplicate to continue at the bottom of the page, but if it was a duplicate I could still "digg it", but it wasn't clear how to do that ... digg the dupe as it were, so I'm not sure if I bumped it or not.

Can someone help ?
    When you go to 'digg' the article, it'll bring up relevant articles that were recently posted. You can check the list they provide and if it's not on there, just scroll down to the bottom and click 'submit'.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2246293;
    When you go to 'digg' the article, it'll bring up relevant articles that were recently posted. You can check the list they provide and if it's not on there, just scroll down to the bottom and click 'submit'.

Yep ... that part I understood. I didn't know what to do when it was there ... that is it came up as a duplicate. Was I supposed to click the little digg button next to the original in order to "bump" it ?

Thanks

Mohandas Gandhi

Yep, that's correct, echo.

I am suprised at how few times some of the articles and recaps have been dugg. I admit to having only dugg three articles but I have only read three.
    All of them were great and had a lot of positive responses but they had only 1 or 2 other diggs. Not that I'm criticiseing anyone I was just wondering whats keeping everyone from digging articles and posts.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I've "dugg" on a few recaps but to be honest, I forget about the damn thing!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12