+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't post reply

Can't post reply

How come I can't post a reply with a you tube link? The link is legitamite but the forum keeps blocking the post.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

This is from the FAQs:

Downloading episodes and on-line content

Broadcast shows, believe it or not, are copyrighted material. We here at Fans of Reality TV adhere to that reality, and therefore we do not condone or allow the downloading of episodes off the internet, an FTP location, another site, or using one of the popular file-sharing utilities out there.

If you want to send someone a tape, you may do so at cost for shipping and materials. You may not direct someone to a location on-line where they may download the episode, and you may not sell those tapes for profit on our site, even privately.

If we receive reports that a member is soliciting profit for tapes, we will take appropriate action, up to and including removal from our site. It's illegal, and we won't allow it on our site.

Additionally, we don't allow linking to sites that host video clips or entire episodes. This includes YouTube, Google Video, etc. Please note that official network video, such as InnerTube, is allowable.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by John;2111095;
    I've clarified some things in the FAQ section of the site, and I'd like to go over them here, so that everyone's familiar with our rules:

1) I've modified the rules to more clearly spell out that YouTube and Google Video sites, and those like it, are NOT allowed here. Broadcast media is copyrighted, and posting it on one of those sites is illegal. Posting a link here will be removed. You may have noticed that during Big Brother, we allowed YouTube links to feed video, and that may have confused some of you. We did this because it was specifically NOT broadcast media.

2) I've added the use of the term "haters" to our no insulting rule. We just don't like it. People here are free to like or dislike contestants for whatever reason they want, and calling them "haters" is not acceptable here.

3) I've added a section on hot-linking images, and also about adding a link to the original article for news posted here. This should clarify our policy on this stuff.

This is probably a dumb question but:
    Does this include links on those sites that are not some kind of copywrited material? For example, when someone films their cat or puppy being crazy, is that OK? or is it more of a blanket, no youtube at all because we don't want to have to police every link.

Just wondering
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

We don't allow any link to those sites, as you've found

We can't ensure that videos appearing on them are uncopyrighted, even if they appear to be, and therefore don't allow anything from it.

Okie dokie. I hadn't ever tried to do it. I was just making sure in advance
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I tried to post in the Animal Lovers thread and got a message that I used a word not allowed and that the word was highlighted. But it wasn't. Is there a bug in the system? I didn't use lingo but did mention a tv show. Since this is a tv site I didn't think there would be any rules against naming a tv show. But like I said, since the offending word was never highlighted, I have no idea why my post wouldn't post. It's very frustrating.

I was able to look at my post because I copied it before posting. Nope, still can't find the reason. I used the word "cause" but not as lingo. "Cause" is a real word. The "cause" of something. I don't know if that's the reason though. I also used "4" but was using it as the number of something - "4" episodes. Still, nothing was highlighted though telling me what was wrong.

I did notice I spelled "so" wrong and spelled it "sp" by accident but I've seen lots of misspellings of other people. Hopefully I'll get a message about the post.

Ok, obviously this is keeping me awake since it's not even 5 o'clock in the morning. I may have figured out that because I was in the Animal Lovers thread, and General Discussion threads ask for no tv talk, maybe the mention of the tv show was against the rules? But it was directly related to animals so I thought it was okay and I didn't really talk about the show but just that I liked it. I apologize if that was the reason. However I really didn't think it would be a problem since it related to the thread. But again, that might not have been the problem.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-21-2007 at 04:51 AM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Leo
    Premium Member
    The keyword block that FORT uses, sadly, isn't perfect. Yours sounds like a false positive - someone from the staff will get it fixed.

Thanks Leo. The post is there now so I guess it was okay. But this does teach me to be more aware even when I think I'm being careful. I certainly want to always abide by the rules because I love this site!

If you post something that gets caught in the filter, and you don't think anything is actually wrong with it, just wait for a staff member to allow it through the filter manually. It sometimes takes an hour or two, but re-posting it just makes more work for everyone

I totally agree John. I got impatient and tried to repost. I know I should have waited. It was four something in the morning, I couldn't sleep but was tired, and I wasn't thinking clearly. I will definitely wait it out next time to see if an actual infraction has occurred. Thanks to you and the mods for being patient with me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast