Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Official FORT Lingo List

FORT Regular
    I just think its better to get a reminder especially because I did not break the lingo rules before instead of getting an infraction right off the bat. Or I was not told I have broken the rules before. Since it is a new rule and all.

As for the smoking thing. I guess thats a stretch. A more parallel argument would be to say. You walk into a store and you say "Hey y'all" and they yell at you for saying "y'all". Or using profanity. I understand your point and I will try to say the wrong things again.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JQ Public;2183294;
    I just think its better to get a reminder especially because I did not break the lingo rules before instead of getting an infraction right off the bat. Or I was not told I have broken the rules before. Since it is a new rule and all.
    Our rules regarding the use of lingo have always been in place, they are not new rules.

FORT Regular
    oops I read it as New Infraction System instead of new infraction system thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2181989;
    No arguments here! I like the rule.
    Amen to that; I certainly won't be complaining if I get an infraction, because I prefer to actually type out all my words, and hopefully spell them correctly, even though on my best days I probably can't even do 40 words per minute.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2183434;
    Amen to that; I certainly won't be complaining if I get an infraction, because I prefer to actually type out all my words, and hopefully spell them correctly, even though on my best days I probably can't even do 40 words per minute.
    I type so fast that I have a problem with hitting keys out of order on certain words like "the" and "and" and now that I HAVE to hold the keyboard in my lap to type (different desk, no room for keyboard) that I have to sit so far back from the monitor that I can't see it and make typos. I try to proofread, but.......
    My other problem is that I can see a misspelling in someone else's post or letter or email, but I apparantly can't see them in mine.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2183544;
    I type so fast that I have a problem with hitting keys out of order on certain words like "the" and "and" and now that I HAVE to hold the keyboard in my lap to type (different desk, no room for keyboard) that I have to sit so far back from the monitor that I can't see it and make typos. I try to proofread, but.......
    My other problem is that I can see a misspelling in someone else's post or letter or email, but I apparantly can't see them in mine.
    That is what the spellcheck is for!

Quote Originally Posted by JQ Public;2183294;

As for the smoking thing. I guess thats a stretch. A more parallel argument would be to say. You walk into a store and you say "Hey y'all" and they yell at you for saying "y'all". Or using profanity. I understand your point and I will try to say the wrong things again.

When you register an account, you are given a link to the FAQ and told to read it. You press a button that says you have read it, and agree to abide by the rules in the FAQ. Every single poster here has clicked that button, and that's considered your warning. If you did not read them at the time, you are likely to end up with an infraction. Now you know better, and you've taken the time to read the FAQ again...right?

The "smoking thing" is not a stretch. FORT is free, but it's not a government-owned public space. It's a private site, and membership is contingent on following our rules, period. We don't want someone ashing on our living room floor, and lingo spoils the carpet.

We strive for a civilized, enjoyable atmosphere where people can express their opinions about reality shows without fear of being jumped on by other people on the Internet. Being able to read in standard English instead of chat-speak is part of civilized discourse.

Also, to clarify: no one has ever recieved an infraction for a spelling error. This rule has nothing to do with spelling errors. Read the Lingo List in the first post if you're unclear on what we're talking about.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Hey I've been here a long time and I slipped up.... I received an infraction and I take it because I truly did mess up. I know the rules period. That's why I love this site so much. Things are enforced.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2183567;
    That is what the spellcheck is for!
    Ok, going over to post in the how stupid I am thread. I didn't know we had spell check and I didn't know you could set your settings to only threads you read or be notified to new posts. Running away slappng myself on the forehead! Heck, I just found out there are games here. Where the heck have I been for 2 years????

Thanks for letting me know about spell check.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I feel so naughty...I used a "slang" word...went back to edit the word, and then my post was gone. Goodness me...
    I will type out the word BECAUSE.

Closed Thread