Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 105

Thread: The Official FORT Lingo List

  1. #31
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    141
    I just think its better to get a reminder especially because I did not break the lingo rules before instead of getting an infraction right off the bat. Or I was not told I have broken the rules before. Since it is a new rule and all.

    As for the smoking thing. I guess thats a stretch. A more parallel argument would be to say. You walk into a store and you say "Hey y'all" and they yell at you for saying "y'all". Or using profanity. I understand your point and I will try to say the wrong things again.

  2. #32
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826
    Quote Originally Posted by JQ Public;2183294;
    I just think its better to get a reminder especially because I did not break the lingo rules before instead of getting an infraction right off the bat. Or I was not told I have broken the rules before. Since it is a new rule and all.
    Our rules regarding the use of lingo have always been in place, they are not new rules.

  3. #33
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    141
    oops I read it as New Infraction System instead of new infraction system thread.

  4. #34
    Miz Smarty Britches queenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    running for the border
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,776
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2181989;
    No arguments here! I like the rule.
    Amen to that; I certainly won't be complaining if I get an infraction, because I prefer to actually type out all my words, and hopefully spell them correctly, even though on my best days I probably can't even do 40 words per minute.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

  5. #35
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2183434;
    Amen to that; I certainly won't be complaining if I get an infraction, because I prefer to actually type out all my words, and hopefully spell them correctly, even though on my best days I probably can't even do 40 words per minute.
    I type so fast that I have a problem with hitting keys out of order on certain words like "the" and "and" and now that I HAVE to hold the keyboard in my lap to type (different desk, no room for keyboard) that I have to sit so far back from the monitor that I can't see it and make typos. I try to proofread, but.......
    My other problem is that I can see a misspelling in someone else's post or letter or email, but I apparantly can't see them in mine.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #36
    Premium Member DesertRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reno hell
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2183544;
    I type so fast that I have a problem with hitting keys out of order on certain words like "the" and "and" and now that I HAVE to hold the keyboard in my lap to type (different desk, no room for keyboard) that I have to sit so far back from the monitor that I can't see it and make typos. I try to proofread, but.......
    My other problem is that I can see a misspelling in someone else's post or letter or email, but I apparantly can't see them in mine.
    That is what the spellcheck is for!

  7. #37
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046
    Quote Originally Posted by JQ Public;2183294;
    I just think its better to get a reminder especially because I did not break the lingo rules before instead of getting an infraction right off the bat. Or I was not told I have broken the rules before. Since it is a new rule and all.

    As for the smoking thing. I guess thats a stretch. A more parallel argument would be to say. You walk into a store and you say "Hey y'all" and they yell at you for saying "y'all". Or using profanity. I understand your point and I will try to say the wrong things again.

    When you register an account, you are given a link to the FAQ and told to read it. You press a button that says you have read it, and agree to abide by the rules in the FAQ. Every single poster here has clicked that button, and that's considered your warning. If you did not read them at the time, you are likely to end up with an infraction. Now you know better, and you've taken the time to read the FAQ again...right?

    The "smoking thing" is not a stretch. FORT is free, but it's not a government-owned public space. It's a private site, and membership is contingent on following our rules, period. We don't want someone ashing on our living room floor, and lingo spoils the carpet.

    We strive for a civilized, enjoyable atmosphere where people can express their opinions about reality shows without fear of being jumped on by other people on the Internet. Being able to read in standard English instead of chat-speak is part of civilized discourse.

    Also, to clarify: no one has ever recieved an infraction for a spelling error. This rule has nothing to do with spelling errors. Read the Lingo List in the first post if you're unclear on what we're talking about.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  8. #38
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,187
    Hey I've been here a long time and I slipped up.... I received an infraction and I take it because I truly did mess up. I know the rules period. That's why I love this site so much. Things are enforced.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  9. #39
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2183567;
    That is what the spellcheck is for!
    Ok, going over to post in the how stupid I am thread. I didn't know we had spell check and I didn't know you could set your settings to only threads you read or be notified to new posts. Running away slappng myself on the forehead! Heck, I just found out there are games here. Where the heck have I been for 2 years????

    Thanks for letting me know about spell check.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  10. #40
    all hot air Ana Bannana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    in the palm of the mitten
    Posts
    4,530
    I feel so naughty...I used a "slang" word...went back to edit the word, and then my post was gone. Goodness me...
    I will type out the word BECAUSE.
    I will type out the word BECAUSE.
    I will type out the word BECAUSE.
    I will type out the word BECAUSE.
    I will type out the word BECAUSE.
    I will type out the word BECAUSE.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.