+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Infraction System

New Infraction System

As I posted in a site-wide announcement, we have a new "infraction system" here at the FORT, which we've already begun using.

Infractions can be for 1 to 3 points, depending upon severity. The infractions are all tied to our rules, which can be found in our FAQ section, and which every member has agreed to read and follow when they signed up here. Infractions will stay on a member's record for a period of 10 days to forever.

If a new member incurs 2 infraction points at any given time, they will automatically be banned from the site for a period of time.

If a "regular" member incurs 6 points at any given time, they also will be banned for a period of time.

You may be asking, how does this affect me? The short answer is: it makes our site better and improves our staff's response to problem members.

All infractions given are reviewed by the entire mod team (those in red), and can be reversed or discussed if we think it was erroneously given. All infractions also automatically notify the member, with the specific violation and a note from the person giving it, and in addition, the post which was in violation is linked.

Because the mod staff now have a better overview of what rules are being broken and which members are breaking them, we can help shape our moderating actions into a more cohesive system. Problem members will be dealt with more effectively, leaving the rest of our members (the vast majority) to enjoy the site with less distraction.

Oh wow. Hey do you think we could start a thread with some kind of master no no list? maybe it could be added to as words are found and snuffed out. Because I am never sure if a word I regularly use is considered "lingo" or if it falls more under the "regional dialect" category or something. If not, no big deal... it's just that now you guys have me second guessing almost every word and contraction that comes out of my keyboard.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

If this is the first time it's ever come up with you - and I believe that it is - you're clearly not a habitual offender, so I'm not sure what you're so worried about.

And contractions are obviously fine. I don't know why you'd think they aren't.

(I used several in this post alone. )

I was thinking about that, and I suppose the reason it took me so long to get nabbed is because I have been a light poster lately? I still email back and fourth with my mother oodles of times every day, and I use words like "prolly" and "Imma" as in "Imma go grab something to eat" like they're oxegen. I know when I think about those, they are horrifically bad grammar. But what can I say I Thtooopid
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

im pretty new here too and im being infractured many times and iunno why. Sometimes my posts are being deleted for weird reasons or not very important reasons and im getting the red thing =(

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarz123;2161397;
    im pretty new here too and im being infractured many times and iunno why. Sometimes my posts are being deleted for weird reasons or not very important reasons and im getting the red thing =(
    Infractions are issued for specific rule violations and always include a private message stating the reason for the infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarz123;2161397;
    No offense intended, I'd have thought judging from John's initial post on this thread and through my own experience in this area that the reason(s) for getting infractions would've been explained to you.

Sometimes posts get deleted for reasons that might not pertain to you specifically, quoting other comments that have been deleted being one example.

All sites have their own rules and guidelines as to what is acceptable and not, posting in ALL CAPS or posting with no capitalization or punctuation are frowned upon in quite a few places; here, using "Lingo" is one of the specified no-no's to be found in the FAQ. I don't know whether "iunno" would be viewed as such or as a mispelled variant of I don't know that would probably fit the lingo definition as well. Just guessing, I'd project that you'd be better served using 'I'm' rather than opting too often to use "im", but thats just my good intentioned take.

Very good reply leftcoaster, I was thinking the same thing. One of the things that originally drew me to this site was the fact that people actually posted using decent grammar and punctuation, but I am finding this sliding a bit down the scale and it sometimes is hard to read these posts. An example would be the post you replied to, as I read it I said to myself is there such a word as infractured? Kind of like I keep hearing TOOKEN, DRIVED etc..

The standards haven't changed, Gabriel, so if you're actually seeing examples that we miss (since it's a very large site, and there are only so many staff members), hit the report post button and point them out, please.

ETA: Although with the examples you just gave, those are honest misspellings or mistakes, and that isn't the same as lingo. People aren't perfect, and we don't need those kinds of things reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda;2161980;
    The standards haven't changed, Gabriel, so if you're actually seeing examples that we miss (since it's a very large site, and there are only so many staff members), hit the report post button and point them out, please.

ETA: Although with the examples you just gave, those are honest misspellings or mistakes, and that isn't the same as lingo. People aren't perfect, and we don't need those kinds of things reported.
    I hear you on that Amanda, usually when I hear or see the words I mentioned in my post I generally chuckle. After all I am not the grammar police and I don't usually like correcting others. But if I see lingo(actually if I recognize it)I may just letyou know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast