+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Infraction System

Re: New Infraction System

Quote Originally Posted by John;3115300;
    In a way, an infraction IS a warning. It's a warning that you haven't followed the rules, and that a ban will follow shortly thereafter if you don't review them and change behavior.

They don't appear to anyone else but staff and yourself, and they roll off after 30 days.

I'm not really seeing a point to giving a warning before giving a warning.
    Hi John- I got an infraction today worth 3 points for linking to another site. My post are now set to private and I am confused....am I banned from posting for 30 days? I just joined the site and clearly the infraction is my fault (I thought I was linking to a picture but apparently the link went to the site where the picture is). Anyway, now I am going back and checking on what rules I may have missed when I signed up for the site and just want to be sure I stay on good terms as I really enjoy FORT. Thanks.

Hi, you aren't banned from posting (in fact, you just did post!). The 30 days refers to the points on your account. This is to catch habitual offenders. For example, if you were to post the same link day after day, this allows us to track that.

Images are confusing at first. Basically, if you link to a picture, or use the [img] tags and just put the url to where you found them, this will use the bandwidth from the other site and is considered bad netiquette. We don't like it when people do it to us so we extend the same courtesy to other sites on the internet. What you need to do is save a picture onto your computer, then upload it to a free image hosting site such as imageshack, supload, or photobucket. Then you can copy the the [img] string of letters and post it here. If the picture has a tag on it - like if another site has put their name on a watermark - then we wouldn't allow it anyway.

Again, you're not banned from posting, so go right ahead.

FORT Fogey

When I first joined, I made a couple of boo-boos and received two infractions. As they are long expired, is there some process by which they can be removed from my user CP. I know nobody sees them but me, but it just gets on my nerves to remember my boo-boos. If you don't want to answer on here, please reply by PM.

Thanks for your help.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

How can you tell if you have been given an infraction? Is there a way to check your "infraction history"? Tried to post a picture in a 'General Discussion' thread, & it needs to be approved by a mod. Just curious.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

You would know if you got an infraction because it would be visible on your profile, and you would get a private message explaining it.

There is no way to remove it from your profile, but it should show that it is expired. Again, everyone can only see their own infractions.

Edit: by the way lopevian, you hadn't done anything wrong, but our system will flag a post and not show it if it contains "cuss" words. I'm afraid it was your cat's name - it contained something that set off the world filter.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Thanks, hepcat!

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=hepcat;3745790;]You would know if you got an infraction because it would be visible on your profile, and you would get a private message explaining it.

There is no way to remove it from your profile, but it should show that it is expired. Again, everyone can only see their own infractions.

They do show expired. When I got them I had not enabled PM, so I never knew exactly what I did wrong. It did teach me a lesson, however, to reread everything before "pushing the button." Thanks, hepcat.

FORT Regular

I'm confused about "spoilers" particularly when posting about Survivor. In the Survivor 19 spoiler thread, are you allowed to talk about Survivor 20? And in the Thursday night show thread are you allowed ONLY to talk about the show and not spoilers even though the thread is entitled 'show discussion spoilers'.

Thanks I would appreciate clarification. I've finally joined and come out of lurkdom after being silently for several years and don't want another "infraction"----I know being "ignorant" is not an excuse but I really am "confused". Thanks!! (just retyped that after recently rereading about "lingo"--- am assuming that thanks with an X is not allowed?)

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3745790;
    Edit: by the way lopevian, you hadn't done anything wrong, but our system will flag a post and not show it if it contains "cuss" words. I'm afraid it was your cat's name - it contained something that set off the world filter.
    I reread the post, and it was my cat's little buddy's nickname that was the culprit! In the future, I'll be mindful of "cuss" words within perfectly benign words. That's a word game right there!

The show discussion threads are only for discussing that night's show, not spoilers of future episodes. They are spoilers for the West coast only because it hasn't finished airing.

It does mean you can't discuss future spoilers until the entire forum is unlocked and the regular spoiler thread is reopened. Show discussion threads are for discussing that night's show only; spoiler threads are for talking about who gets booted next week or who is on the next cast.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread