+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Infraction System

Re: New Infraction System

To "cancel" your account:

1) Log out (there's a link to it on the top right of every page)
    2) Be on your merry way on the rest of the intarwebs

Is there a way to warn posters before they get an infraction what they did wrong so they wont do it again? I respect the mods and FA's here.

We ask that you read the Site Rules when you register an account. That's considered fair warning. But it never hurts to take a look again.

The rules are located in the FAQ, which is a button on your top bar on every page.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

In a way, an infraction IS a warning. It's a warning that you haven't followed the rules, and that a ban will follow shortly thereafter if you don't review them and change behavior.

They don't appear to anyone else but staff and yourself, and they roll off after 30 days.

I'm not really seeing a point to giving a warning before giving a warning.

I didn't know the site had word filters. I made a post in Music forum, regarding Britney Spears and used the word sh*t in it and when I pressed to post in, I noticed that word was bolded and in (red) I thought , how odd.
    But later I noticed post was also gone. Couldn't just the offending word be deleted not the whole post? Or couldn't we get some sort of prompt to tell us the word isn't acceptable and modify your post and try again?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbydoll;3138195;
    I didn't know the site had word filters. I made a post in Music forum, regarding Britney Spears and used the word sh*t in it and when I pressed to post in, I noticed that word was bolded and in (red) I thought , how odd.
    But later I noticed post was also gone. Couldn't just the offending word be deleted not the whole post? Or couldn't we get some sort of prompt to tell us the word isn't acceptable and modify your post and try again?
    There is a whole list of unacceptable words and behaviors and you can find them on this particular group of threads called announcements/help desk.

It's good to review them so you don't wind up with infraction points which lead to temp. bans and then permanent bans.

The site is PG-13, so that helps in remembering what is ok to say and what is not.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Newbie

Does it say somewhere how long you need to be a member or how many posts you need before you can post a link or url ?

Sleepless, I cannot give you an exact number of posts that you need to make, but.. the mods just want to see that a new poster is an active and productive member of the message board before allowing anyone full features. It's not long... just contribute to the discussion in a few threads and you'll be good to go.

That being said, however, there are certain rules about the types of links that can be posted. No links to personal blogs, no links to the video sharing website ( ), and photos must be copied to your own photo hosting location. Things like that are reviewed in FAQs.

Welcome!!!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie

What course of action should be followed if a poster sees a Moderator or Forum Assistant baiting another poster? I did not see this addressed in the FAQ section.

The same as you would with any poster on the site - report the post using the little red triangle in the bottom corner of every post.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread