+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New Infraction System

Re: New Infraction System

would infractions cause my posts to not show up? the past three things I posted aren't showing up, or in my post history.

would I be notified if/when I did something against the rules? I don't think I have done anything yet, but the disappearing posts are concerning me

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyKiwi78;2599262;
    would infractions cause my posts to not show up? the past three things I posted aren't showing up, or in my post history.

would I be notified if/when I did something against the rules? I don't think I have done anything yet, but the disappearing posts are concerning me
    Juicy-

Yes, you would be notified by PM if you received an infraction. I took a look at your post history and only saw two deleted posts (I'll PM you about those).

FYI, for future reference, posts in the games forum do not show up on post totals. Aside from a deleted post by a mod or FA, there shouldn't be any other reasons.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2599270;
    Juicy-

Yes, you would be notified by PM if you received an infraction. I took a look at your post history and only saw two deleted posts (I'll PM you about those).

FYI, for future reference, posts in the games forum do not show up on post totals. Aside from a deleted post by a mod or FA, there shouldn't be any other reasons.
    Thanks for your help! And please do PM me about why those 2 were deleted so I don't make the same errr again

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyKiwi78;2599262;

The mods do great work, and on occasion, they will remove posts for being off topic... That was the norm on BB8... Raising hand for being guilty on many occasions...

Believe me, you would definitely know by PM if you had committed an infraction...

Been there, done that... To the Mods... (Don't want the T-shirt... )
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Well I just got my first Infraction - and I accept full responsibility for my actions. I got ticked off and posted in response to someone who got on my last nerve when the conversation had nothing at all to do with me.

My fault. My apologies to the staff/mods here.

...but. I still don't think people should be able to post baiting and condascending responses and get away with it because they add a smiley or a disclaimer ("with all due respect") when it's completely obvious the post is void of any such respect.

I wonder if I would have been infracted had I added a smiley and a disclaimer?

This is not a saucy reply. It is a serious apology, a serious observation, and a serious question....made with all due respect

dodie- if you feel there is a post that is baiting please use the report post button (red triangle with exclamation point) that is in the lower left corner of every post. The moderators (in red) review every reported post.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Thank you, I did not notice such a button prior to my embarrassing little incident.

I just want to know how do i cancel my account I asked another mod but no reply. Can you tell me where I can go. I got a infraction and tried to message the mod who gave it to me cause i didn't agree and she won't except messages.

I don't have an answer, but I'm curious why you'd want or need to cancel anything? Wouldn't it be simpler to simply log out and not return if it was your intent to leave permanently?

Why not hang around, though; the FORT is worth it, and I say that as one who has gotten infractioned in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkb4utalk;3085348;
    I just want to know how do i cancel my account I asked another mod but no reply. Can you tell me where I can go. I got a infraction and tried to message the mod who gave it to me cause i didn't agree and she won't except messages.
    The Moderators here don't pass out infractions for no reason and there is no room for disagreement about them. I have a couple of old ones, and as Leftcoaster posted - Why not hang around the FORT and see how much better this site is versus others, because of the "no lingo" and other codes of conduct? It is a fun place to visit.

+ Reply to Thread